Remove a package completly - Debian

This is a discussion on Remove a package completly - Debian ; Hi With atp-get remove or via dselect I can remove packages. But the config files and other files are left on the system How can I completely remove ALL installed files for a certainty package? THNX Peter...

  1. Remove a package completly

    Hi

    With atp-get remove or via dselect I can remove packages.
    But the config files and other files are left on the system
    How can I completely remove ALL installed files for a certainty package?

    THNX
    Peter

  2. Re: Remove a package completly

    On 05/21/2008 05:32 AM, Peter wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > With atp-get remove or via dselect I can remove packages.
    > But the config files and other files are left on the system
    > How can I completely remove ALL installed files for a certainty package?
    >
    > THNX
    > Peter

    Look into apt-get's "--purge" option in "man apt-get"

  3. Re: Remove a package completly

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:32:21 +0000, Peter wrote:

    > With atp-get remove or via dselect I can remove packages.
    > But the config files and other files are left on the system
    > How can I completely remove ALL installed files for a certainty package?

    dpkg --purge package_name

  4. Re: Remove a package completly

    "Peter" wrote

    > Hi
    >
    > With atp-get remove or via dselect I can remove packages.
    > But the config files and other files are left on the system
    > How can I completely remove ALL installed files for a certainty package?

    apt-get remove --purge packagename

+ Reply to Thread