i need to connect toshibaL40-170 laptop to iburst usb modem &debian livecd and sonyv800 connection - Debian

This is a discussion on i need to connect toshibaL40-170 laptop to iburst usb modem &debian livecd and sonyv800 connection - Debian ; any ideas guys. iburst desktop modem model:UTD1780D-ZA-C I WANT TO CONNECT USING DEB4.0R3. I AM NOT LINUX LITERATE SO SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE EXPLANATION GUYS. i plug in the modem and it does not pick up automatically. currently using it via ...

  1. i need to connect toshibaL40-170 laptop to iburst usb modem &debian livecd and sonyv800 connection

    any ideas guys.

    iburst desktop modem model:UTD1780D-ZA-C

    I WANT TO CONNECT USING DEB4.0R3. I AM NOT LINUX LITERATE SO SIMPLE AS
    POSSIBLE EXPLANATION GUYS. i plug in the modem and it does not pick up
    automatically. currently using it via ppoes ethernet but i want to connect
    usb. tried wine and loaded windows drivers that came on the cd, it does
    not work. the programs dont pop up when i go under wine programs.

    i also need to know how to make a debian dvd with all programs on it
    becuase i hate the manual. i want to make a debian live cd

    also want to connect my sonyericsson v800 to my latop for internet via
    usb. i tried to install windows drivers that came on the datasuite. does
    not pick up. tried using ndsiwrapper. this does not work.

    thanks
    darren

  2. Re: i need to connect toshibaL40-170 laptop to iburst usb modem &debian livecd and sonyv800 connection

    On Sunday 11 May 2008 18:03, darren.naidoo@webmail.co.za wrote:
    > any ideas guys.
    >
    > iburst desktop modem model:UTD1780D-ZA-C
    >
    > I WANT TO CONNECT USING DEB4.0R3. I AM NOT LINUX LITERATE SO SIMPLE AS
    > POSSIBLE EXPLANATION GUYS. i plug in the modem and it does not pick up
    > automatically. currently using it via ppoes ethernet but i want to connect
    > usb. tried wine and loaded windows drivers that came on the cd, it does
    > not work. the programs dont pop up when i go under wine programs.
    >
    > i also need to know how to make a debian dvd with all programs on it
    > becuase i hate the manual. i want to make a debian live cd
    >
    > also want to connect my sonyericsson v800 to my latop for internet via
    > usb. i tried to install windows drivers that came on the datasuite. does
    > not pick up. tried using ndsiwrapper. this does not work.
    >
    > thanks
    > darren

    Darren,

    iBurst
    ------
    Firstly I find it best to use pppoe and the ethernet port, but there is a
    usb/pcmcia driver[1] available (I use it on my notebook, pcmcia)

    You will need to have your kernel headers installed along with
    build-essential, then basically just extract the archive and run "make &&
    sudo make install"

    Live DVD
    --------
    Check out the Debian live project [2] or Debian wiki [3]

    Sony Ericsson
    -------------
    Not sure about the v800, I had a w810i, and whenever I connected my phone it
    would ask if I wanted phone mode or transfer mode.

    I would choose phone mode, and then get two serial
    ports /dev/ttyACM0, /deb/ttyACM1 and I know you use one of these to get dial
    up. Never tried, but google is your friend.

    Hope this helps.

    [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ibdriver
    [2] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
    [3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/