Installation with recipe / protection of first partition - Debian

This is a discussion on Installation with recipe / protection of first partition - Debian ; Hello, I want to protect the first partition (HP-Tools) of my system from all manipulations, but to do an automatically installation of the rest of my Etch system with (preseed / recipe). The parameter keep might help but I do ...

  1. Installation with recipe / protection of first partition

    Hello,

    I want to protect the first partition (HP-Tools) of my system from all manipulations, but to do an automatically installation of the rest of my Etch system with (preseed / recipe). The parameter keep might help but I do not know how to configure the details, i.e. the unknown size of the partition.

    Regards
    Roger

    --
    249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
    Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de

  2. Re: Installation with recipe / protection of first partition

    On Saturday 10 May 2008, Andreas Miller wrote:
    > I want to protect the first partition (HP-Tools) of my system from all
    > manipulations, but to do an automatically installation of the rest of my
    > Etch system with (preseed / recipe). The parameter keep might help but I
    > do not know how to configure the details, i.e. the unknown size of the
    > partition.

    What you want is not possible, except by first (manually) deleting all
    existing partitions (except the HP-Tools partition) and then using guided
    partitioning with the "use largest free space" option.
    With all other guided partitioning methods your existing partition table
    will be wiped and all existing partitions will be lost.

    Cheers,
    FJP

  3. Re: Installation with recipe / protection of first partition

    > > I want to protect the first partition (HP-Tools) of my system from all
    > > manipulations, but to do an automatically installation of the rest of my
    > > Etch system with (preseed / recipe). The parameter keep might help but I
    > > do not know how to configure the details, i.e. the unknown size of the
    > > partition.

    > What you want is not possible, except by first (manually) deleting all
    > existing partitions (except the HP-Tools partition) and then using guided
    > partitioning with the "use largest free space" option.
    > With all other guided partitioning methods your existing partition table
    > will be wiped and all existing partitions will be lost.

    With the current version of debian-installer

    Patches are welcome