Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails - Debian ; Hi, On Sat, 10 May 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote: > X-Debian: $TOOL > X-Debian-Package: $PACKAGE > [...] > As a starting point, and as one tool generating lots of mail to > maintainers, DAK is already generating both headers, other ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

  1. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    Hi,

    On Sat, 10 May 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
    > X-Debian: $TOOL
    > X-Debian-Package: $PACKAGE
    >

    [...]
    > As a starting point, and as one tool generating lots of mail to
    > maintainers, DAK is already generating both headers, other tools
    > hopefully follow soon.


    The PTS now provides those headers as well.

    X-Debian: PTS
    X-Debian-Package:

    Cheers,
    --
    Raphaël Hertzog

    Le best-seller français mis à jour pour Debian Etch :
    http://www.ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  2. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    Raphael Hertzog wrote:
    >
    > The PTS now provides those headers as well.
    >
    > X-Debian: PTS
    > X-Debian-Package:


    Also for messages coming from other sources, i.e. dehs?

    Just want to know if I have to make dehs add those headers.

    >
    > Cheers,


    Cheers,
    Raphael


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  3. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Sunday 11 May 2008 00:56, Raphael Geissert wrote:
    > Also for messages coming from other sources, i.e. dehs?


    Yes, the idea is that such mails have uniform headers. There are no "other"
    sources: it works best if every tool that sends automated mails to Debian
    package maintainers uses those headers.

    > Just want to know if I have to make dehs add those headers.


    "have to" sounds like it's a great ordeal ;-) But yes, please.


    cheers,
    Thijs

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

    iQEVAwUASCabsmz0hbPcukPfAQJ3HwgAiBNzb58d8CbvOmDcrx rgHqP+RlxoLELq
    biMXXATC0eUL6+YfXeaPUh1HbMZ62sgF/nMP6TCOGwpK3kRmoHQlqjT80KLDIMgT
    tHXFExN3KcFsL16FPwvNEpL64LpeIBrwQTCqVsOtHfUIduNleA IODPNbKzddW6oy
    67ZKW+fo74P8M54yQGcsLcfSXPbZVvotzqE2ppuo5su+GjzZTT oO9Dj8Ey4tJu92
    /h4Qg8ltpEHTRyb3Ns3wr8S1iAiIdotLJ7HoNChBuNV2V9D89g+ 7e+h16kv3uaNV
    /ylUwX+DIbMjkxCQa9NOl40KienpOxicq1qnLGHz2/yWI7Tz+5Y11w==
    =udI8
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  4. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
    > On Sunday 11 May 2008 00:56, Raphael Geissert wrote:
    >> Also for messages coming from other sources, i.e. dehs?


    > Yes, the idea is that such mails have uniform headers. There are no "other"
    > sources: it works best if every tool that sends automated mails to Debian
    > package maintainers uses those headers.


    >> Just want to know if I have to make dehs add those headers.


    > "have to" sounds like it's a great ordeal ;-) But yes, please.


    Afaiui dehs *only* sends emails to $package@packages.qa.debian.org,
    and the question was whether the pts only adds the header to e-mails
    generated by its own scripts or also to stuff received by mail. (I
    have no idea whether this even a correct dichotomy)

    cu andreas
    --
    `What a good friend you are to him, Dr. Maturin. His other friends are
    so grateful to you.'
    `I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  5. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Sun, 11 May 2008, Andreas Metzler wrote:
    > >> Just want to know if I have to make dehs add those headers.

    >
    > > "have to" sounds like it's a great ordeal ;-) But yes, please.

    >
    > Afaiui dehs *only* sends emails to $package@packages.qa.debian.org,
    > and the question was whether the pts only adds the header to e-mails
    > generated by its own scripts or also to stuff received by mail. (I
    > have no idea whether this even a correct dichotomy)


    The PTS add those headers to all mails that it forwards. So there's no
    need to change anything to scripts that only send mails through the PTS.

    Cheers,
    --
    Raphaël Hertzog

    Le best-seller français mis à jour pour Debian Etch :
    http://www.ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  6. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Sunday 11 May 2008 15:07, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
    > The PTS add those headers to all mails that it forwards. So there's no
    > need to change anything to scripts that only send mails through the PTS.


    How would the PTS know to add a X-Debian: DEHS header to that mail, does it
    have a list of all tools using it?


    Thijs


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  7. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Sun, 11 May 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
    > On Sunday 11 May 2008 15:07, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
    > > The PTS add those headers to all mails that it forwards. So there's no
    > > need to change anything to scripts that only send mails through the PTS.

    >
    > How would the PTS know to add a X-Debian: DEHS header to that mail, does it
    > have a list of all tools using it?


    It will add "X-Debian: PTS" of course. In the end, if DEHS adds "X-Debian:
    DEHS" you will end up with multiple X-Debian fields in the mails forwarded
    by the PTS.

    Cheers,
    --
    Raphaël Hertzog

    Le best-seller français mis à jour pour Debian Etch :
    http://www.ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  8. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 09:56:46AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
    > Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
    > > On Sunday 11 May 2008 00:56, Raphael Geissert wrote:
    > >> Also for messages coming from other sources, i.e. dehs?

    >
    > > Yes, the idea is that such mails have uniform headers. There are no "other"
    > > sources: it works best if every tool that sends automated mails to Debian
    > > package maintainers uses those headers.

    >
    > >> Just want to know if I have to make dehs add those headers.

    >
    > > "have to" sounds like it's a great ordeal ;-) But yes, please.

    >
    > Afaiui dehs *only* sends emails to $package@packages.qa.debian.org,
    > and the question was whether the pts only adds the header to e-mails
    > generated by its own scripts or also to stuff received by mail. (I
    > have no idea whether this even a correct dichotomy)


    What about spam sent to $package@packages.qa.debian.org? Will it get
    these headers too?

    cheers,
    Domenico

    -----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
    --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
    ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  9. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Mon, 12 May 2008, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
    > > Afaiui dehs *only* sends emails to $package@packages.qa.debian.org,
    > > and the question was whether the pts only adds the header to e-mails
    > > generated by its own scripts or also to stuff received by mail. (I
    > > have no idea whether this even a correct dichotomy)

    >
    > What about spam sent to $package@packages.qa.debian.org? Will it get
    > these headers too?


    The PTS only accepts mails from some trusted source so direct spam won't
    get forwarded. However spams forwarded by the BTS to the PTS will of
    course also get those headers...

    Cheers,
    --
    Raphaël Hertzog

    Le best-seller français mis à jour pour Debian Etch :
    http://www.ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  10. Re: Mail headers for automated package maintenance emails

    On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:44:24PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 May 2008, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
    > > > Afaiui dehs *only* sends emails to $package@packages.qa.debian.org,
    > > > and the question was whether the pts only adds the header to e-mails
    > > > generated by its own scripts or also to stuff received by mail. (I
    > > > have no idea whether this even a correct dichotomy)

    > >
    > > What about spam sent to $package@packages.qa.debian.org? Will it get
    > > these headers too?

    >
    > The PTS only accepts mails from some trusted source so direct spam won't
    > get forwarded. However spams forwarded by the BTS to the PTS will of
    > course also get those headers...


    Indeed my test message bounced.. not that I did not trust you

    Thank you,
    Domenico

    -----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
    --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
    ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

+ Reply to Thread