Re: Re: Kontact, K3B Amarok 2? - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Re: Kontact, K3B Amarok 2? - Debian ; To be honest I've just burned one CD with K3B 1.95, successfully, but it obviously is not a reliable test. Anyway if ya'll packagers think it's not usable that's a perfectly valid answer for my question. Kmail in Kontact 4.0.70 ...

  1. Re: Re: Kontact, K3B Amarok 2?

    To be honest I've just burned one CD with K3B 1.95, successfully, but it
    obviously is not a reliable test. Anyway if ya'll packagers think it's not
    usable that's a perfectly valid answer for my question.

    Kmail in Kontact 4.0.70 is perfectly usable. I have sent and received
    several dozen mails without any crash nor problems. Not tested the other
    components too much yet, though. So glad ya'l are going to package it in few
    days, .

    Amarok. Well, I can't install it on Opensuse 10.3 with KDE 4.0.3 without
    having to upgrade almost the whole KDE from 4.0.3 to 4.0.69, so I don't have
    it installed now. I tested kde 4.0.69 and tried the package
    kde4-amarok-4.0.69.svn795713-1.8.x86_64.rpm from
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...SE_10.3/x86_64.
    I would swear "about Amarok" info said "Amarok 2 Alpha", besides, the
    interface wasn't the same than the pre-Alpha version available on Amarok's
    website, but since I downgraded back to KDE 4.0.3 because 4.0.69 was a
    continuous Plasma crash after another I can't now verify Amarok's version is
    really 2 Alpha.

    Cheers

  2. Re: Kontact, K3B Amarok 2?

    Hi,

    2008 m. April 23 d., Wednesday, Carlos Alvarez rašė:
    > To be honest I've just burned one CD with K3B 1.95, successfully, but it
    > obviously is not a reliable test. Anyway if ya'll packagers think it's not
    > usable that's a perfectly valid answer for my question.

    I didn't say it was unusable. How could I if I have not tested it? Anyway,
    your experience suggests that it might be worth looking at. Thanks for
    feedback.

    > http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...:/Extra-Apps/o
    >penSUSE_10.3/x86_64. I would swear "about Amarok" info said "Amarok 2
    > Alpha",

    Probably devs are heading towards Alpha, but it is not a real Alpha yet.
    However, I would like to hear your feedback about quality of current Amarok
    2.

    --
    Modestas Vainius

+ Reply to Thread