RFH: Chrony goes into endless loop on x86_64 - Debian

This is a discussion on RFH: Chrony goes into endless loop on x86_64 - Debian ; See bug #474294. If you have an x86_64 system you can help by a) installing chrony-1.21 from Stable or Unstable and confirming the bug or b) installing chrony-1.23 from Experimental and determining if the new upstream release has fixed it. ...

  1. RFH: Chrony goes into endless loop on x86_64

    See bug #474294.

    If you have an x86_64 system you can help by

    a) installing chrony-1.21 from Stable or Unstable and confirming the bug

    or

    b) installing chrony-1.23 from Experimental and determining if the new
    upstream release has fixed it.

    You could also look at the bug report and the source and help me find the
    problem. I've had no response from upstream.
    --
    John Hasler

  2. Re: RFH: Chrony goes into endless loop on x86_64

  3. Re: RFH: Chrony goes into endless loop on x86_64

    "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" writes:

    > John Hasler wrote:
    >> See bug #474294.
    >>
    >> If you have an x86_64 system you can help by
    >>
    >> a) installing chrony-1.21 from Stable or Unstable and confirming the bug
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> b) installing chrony-1.23 from Experimental and determining if the new
    >> upstream release has fixed it.
    >>
    >> You could also look at the bug report and the source and help me find the
    >> problem. I've had no response from upstream.

    > I have amd64 debian lenny/sid system. Have installed chrony 1.21z - bug
    > doesn't appear. Package works. Have installed chrony 1.23 - bug doesn't
    > appear too. Package works. Saw no any endless loops.

    How often did you start it? It doesn't always appear. I have no idea
    what triggered it here but some days it does, other days I can't
    reproduce it.

    MfG
    Goswin