Postfix configuration - Debian

This is a discussion on Postfix configuration - Debian ; I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav. The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day. I have a problem with smtp session. There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't send ...

  1. Postfix configuration

    I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
    postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.

    The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.

    I have a problem with smtp session.
    There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't send
    email.
    'SMTP error...'

    Server
    Dell with 2 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5310 @ 1.60GHz and 2GB RAM

    I insert in Postfix main.cf
    smtpd_timeout = 30s
    smtpd_recipient_limit = 200

    Thanks in advance

    --
    Roby

  2. Re: Postfix configuration

    --On April 22, 2008 1:32:19 AM +0200 Roberto Giuliari
    wrote:

    > I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
    > postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.
    >
    > The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.
    >
    > I have a problem with smtp session.
    > There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't
    > send email.
    > 'SMTP error...'

    We'll need the error if you expect us to help. You might try adjusting the
    number of smtpd's limit in the master.cf file. The default might be too
    low for your installation.

  3. Re: Postfix configuration

    On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 01:32 +0200, Roberto Giuliari wrote:
    > I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
    > postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.
    >
    > The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.
    >
    > I have a problem with smtp session.
    > There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't send
    > email.
    > 'SMTP error...'

    If you really want people on this list to try help you, please provide
    what is recommended here: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

    Andrea

  4. Re: Postfix configuration

    Michael Loftis ha scritto:
    > --On April 22, 2008 1:32:19 AM +0200 Roberto Giuliari
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
    >> postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.
    >>
    >> The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.
    >>
    >> I have a problem with smtp session.
    >> There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't
    >> send email.
    >> 'SMTP error...'

    > We'll need the error if you expect us to help. You might try adjusting
    > the number of smtpd's limit in the master.cf file. The default might
    > be too low for your installation.

    Thank you very much for your replay.
    There are many parameters to set.
    First I analyzed the traffic and then I adgiusted firewall, spam and
    postfix parameters.

    --
    Roby