Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux - Debian

This is a discussion on Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux - Debian ; Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with windows and linux clients. Any Ideas? -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org...

  1. Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    windows and linux clients.

    Any Ideas?

  2. Re: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    andrew holway ha scritto:
    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    Amanda -> http://www.amanda.org

    Ste
    --
    http://www.stefanocislaghi.it/

  3. Re: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    "andrew holway" writes:

    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    http://www.bacula.org

    cheers,

    Jens
    --
    sage@guug Berlin: http://www.guug.de/lokal/berlin/index.html
    http://www.openbc.com/go/invita/4269460

  4. Re: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 02:32:02PM +0100, andrew holway wrote:
    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    Amanda works pretty well:

    http://www.amanda.org

    mikeS

    --
    Michael F. Sprague | mfs@saneinc.net
    http://www.saneinc.net | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc

  5. RE: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    www.bacula.org

    Léo

    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    Amanda -> http://www.amanda.org

    Ste
    --
    http://www.stefanocislaghi.it/

  6. RE: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    http://arkeia.com/ (Commercial, but very good, *nix oriented and cheap)

  7. Re: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    Quoting "andrew holway" :

    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.

    http://bacula.org/

    VERY mature!

  8. Re: Tape backup software for linux server and clients for windows and linux

    andrew holway wrote:
    > Hi, were looking for tape backup software for linux server with
    > windows and linux clients.
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    I currently use Bacula (on a Debian box) to backup ~ 50 machines (Linux
    and Windows servers and workstations).
    It works great with the tapelibrary (tape autochanger) connected to our SAN.

    Sponsor:
    Scopri le tue passioni con Leonardo.it!
    *
    Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7653&d=22-4