Status of beta2? - Debian

This is a discussion on Status of beta2? - Debian ; What's the status of beta2? The idea was to release beta2 quickly after beta1 with relatively few changes apart from 2.6.24. It would be nice if someone could post a schedule. 2.6.25 is coming soon, so I really hope we ...

  1. Status of beta2?

    What's the status of beta2? The idea was to release beta2 quickly
    after beta1 with relatively few changes apart from 2.6.24. It would
    be nice if someone could post a schedule. 2.6.25 is coming soon, so I
    really hope we can push out beta2 quickly.

    As far as I can tell, 2.6.24 udebs are still needed on ia64, alpha,
    powerpc and s390. Frans told me a new upload of kernel-wedge is
    needed too.

    What else is needed? FWIW, a daily image works fine on arm (NSLU2)
    and mipsel (Cobalt).

    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    http://www.cyrius.com/

  2. Re: Status of beta2?

    On Saturday 05 April 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    > As far as I can tell, 2.6.24 udebs are still needed on ia64, alpha,
    > powerpc and s390. Frans told me a new upload of kernel-wedge is
    > needed too.

    I have updated most arches to current linux-2.6 and linux-modules-extra-2.6
    and built using new kernel-wedge. This includes alpha, ia64 and s390 for
    which the porters had already done the basic update to .24 in SVN.

    With following exceptions:
    - hppa, sparc: already at needed versions and not affected bu k-w changes
    - armel: linux-2.6 (2.6.24-5) has not yet been built; currently at 412 so
    maybe porters should consider a porter upload?
    - m68k: can better be done by Stephen Marenka
    - powerpc: 2.6.24 update yet to be done by porter

    Who wants to take responsibility for PowerPC?

    Cheers,
    FJP

  3. Re: Status of beta2?

    * Frans Pop [2008-04-07 22:23]:
    > - armel: linux-2.6 (2.6.24-5) has not yet been built; currently at 412 so
    > maybe porters should consider a porter upload?

    412?

    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    http://www.cyrius.com/

  4. Re: Status of beta2?

    On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    > * Frans Pop [2008-04-07 22:23]:
    > > - armel: linux-2.6 (2.6.24-5) has not yet been built; currently at 412
    > > so maybe porters should consider a porter upload?

    > 412?

    Number in the build queue:
    http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/sta...hp?p=linux-2.6

  5. Re: Status of beta2?

    * Frans Pop [2008-04-08 21:27]:
    > On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    > > * Frans Pop [2008-04-07 22:23]:
    > > > - armel: linux-2.6 (2.6.24-5) has not yet been built; currently at 412
    > > > so maybe porters should consider a porter upload?

    > > 412?

    > Number in the build queue:
    > http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/sta...hp?p=linux-2.6

    -5 failed to build on armel. I fixed this in SVN, but we'll need to
    upload -6 for the fix.
    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    http://www.cyrius.com/

  6. Re: Status of beta2?

    Sven Luther writes:

    > On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:23:37PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
    >> On Saturday 05 April 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    >> > As far as I can tell, 2.6.24 udebs are still needed on ia64, alpha,
    >> > powerpc and s390. Frans told me a new upload of kernel-wedge is
    >> > needed too.

    >> I have updated most arches to current linux-2.6 and linux-modules-extra-2.6
    >> and built using new kernel-wedge. This includes alpha, ia64 and s390 for
    >> which the porters had already done the basic update to .24 in SVN.
    >>
    >> With following exceptions:
    >> - hppa, sparc: already at needed versions and not affected bu k-w changes
    >> - armel: linux-2.6 (2.6.24-5) has not yet been built; currently at 412 so
    >> maybe porters should consider a porter upload?
    >> - m68k: can better be done by Stephen Marenka
    >> - powerpc: 2.6.24 update yet to be done by porter
    >>
    >> Who wants to take responsibility for PowerPC?

    > I would gladly take over this responsability again, it sure is past time
    > to let aside past disagrement and think of our users again.
    >
    > Please forward to the list, for obvious reasons.
    >
    > Friendly,
    >
    > Sven Luther

    Hello Sven,

    I hereby offer, again, the option to act as proxy between you and d-i
    repository. Feel free to send any needed change you wish commited and
    we'll evaluate it (as we do for any change in d-i anyway) and proper
    credit will be give for you in changelog.

    Friendly,

    - --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116
    GNU/Linux User: 239058 GPG ID: 49A5F855
    you the whole house."

  7. Re: Status of beta2?

    On Monday 07 April 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > - powerpc: 2.6.24 update yet to be done by porter
    >
    > Who wants to take responsibility for PowerPC?

    As nobody seemed inclined to do this, I've done an upload. Note that I have
    not checked for new (powerpc-specific) modules, but only made sure that the
    udebs could be built with current kernel wedge and some cleanups.

    This only leaves armel at 2.6.24-4 due to a build failure.

    Cheers,
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread