LCD display - Debian

This is a discussion on LCD display - Debian ; Hi folks, I have a HP Pavilion laptop and I've tried to configure Xorg without success. I've tried perform dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but I haven't seen any option about LCD display as XFree86. Please, I need some help to configure my ...

  1. LCD display

    Hi folks,

    I have a HP Pavilion laptop and I've tried to configure Xorg without
    success.
    I've tried perform dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but I haven't seen any
    option about LCD display as XFree86.

    Please, I need some help to configure my Xserver.

    What do you recommend me to do?

    Thank you!
    Leandro Carmo

  2. Re: LCD display

    Hello,

    On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 12:28 -0300, Leandro Carmo wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a HP Pavilion laptop and I've tried to configure Xorg without
    > success.

    What Pavilion model do you have ?
    What the video adapter ?
    It would help if you could provide :
    - The output of lspci -nn
    - Your /etc/xorg/Xorg.conf
    Optionally, /var/log/Xorg.0.log could be useful, but it may contain
    private date (monitor's serial number, etc..)

    > I've tried perform dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but I haven't seen any
    > option about LCD display as XFree86.
    >
    > Please, I need some help to configure my Xserver.
    >
    > What do you recommend me to do?

    Franklin

  3. Re: LCD display

    On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:28:50PM -0300, Leandro Carmo wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a HP Pavilion laptop and I've tried to configure Xorg without
    > success.
    > I've tried perform dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but I haven't seen any
    > option about LCD display as XFree86.
    >
    > Please, I need some help to configure my Xserver.
    >
    > What do you recommend me to do?

    What do you mean by "LCD display as XFree86"?

    I noticed you sent the exact same message to debian-user. It is
    considered bad manners to multi post.

    --
    Chris.
    ======