Re: Package: splix - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Package: splix - Debian ; On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 06:59:01PM +0100, Patrick Ringl wrote: > Hello, > > the last upload of that package was at the beginning of 2007 - meanwhile > there have been 4 upstream releases since that time. I'd ...

  1. Re: Package: splix

    On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 06:59:01PM +0100, Patrick Ringl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > the last upload of that package was at the beginning of 2007 - meanwhile
    > there have been 4 upstream releases since that time. I'd like to know
    > what happened to the package and in case the maintainer is not
    > responding in time, and if nobody objects - I'd like to take the package
    > over.

    Go ahead, I added it because I own such printer, but the bugs that were
    reported were with different models I could not test myself. The
    upstream package 1.0.1-1 unfortunately was missing some generated files,
    I'm not sure whether that's fixed now (and cups-ddk, #468911, was not
    packaged back then, so I couldn't do the stuff the Debian way).

    If you'd also be able to get cups-ddk in, to make the package more like
    the Debian way and regenerate all generated files, that'd be extra great.

    Thanks,
    --Jeroen

    --
    Jeroen van Wolffelaar
    http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl

  2. Re: Package: splix

    Hello Jeroen,

    I asked pkg-cups for joining in order to package cups-ddk aswell. Since
    I am not a DD myself, it'd be kind if you sponsored the new splix
    package once I am done.

    regards,
    Patrocl