Brand new Debian-Installer can't install without network? - Debian

This is a discussion on Brand new Debian-Installer can't install without network? - Debian ; Hello, I don't know if I'm a the right place but anyway: I can't install debian-testing (since more than 3 weeks now, trying new weekly build every week) without network connection. My ethernet card is only recognises by kernel 2.6.24, ...

  1. Brand new Debian-Installer can't install without network?

    Hello, I don't know if I'm a the right place but anyway:

    I can't install debian-testing (since more than 3 weeks now, trying
    new weekly build every week) without network connection. My ethernet
    card is only recognises by kernel 2.6.24, so I need to install testing
    from CD then compile my kernel (or use unstable kernel).
    Since some weeks, I can't get the installer to work. It ask me if I
    want to install from a cd or dvd, I enter yes, make it scan my cd, and
    the it say "please enter this cd" (the cd is in the drive...) but
    always ask me to enter it... I just cannot continue the install
    process because it doesn't want to use my cd...

    I tryed to figure how to make a bug report but it doesn't look all
    that simple, so I post this here.

    Thanks.
    --
    Bruno Lambert

  2. Re: Brand new Debian-Installer can't install without network?

    On Monday 24 March 2008, Bruno Lambert wrote:
    > I can't install debian-testing (since more than 3 weeks now, trying
    > new weekly build every week) without network connection.

    Please state the real problem, and not the consequence.
    Form your mail I understand that your actual problem is that the installer
    keeps asking you to insert the CD, even though it is already inserted.
    This has nothing to do with being able to install with or without network.

    We have had issues with that, but AFAIK those were resolved before the Beta1
    release of the installer, so before we waste time on an issue that is
    already solved I have to ask you to try an official Beta1 CD image.

    You can find links to beta1 CD images on:
    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-i.../index.en.html

    If you can still reproduce the problem with that, we will look further.

    Cheers,
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread