Enable some debug options - Debian

This is a discussion on Enable some debug options - Debian ; Hi folks I'd like to enable some debug options for all images: - PRINTK_TIME - DEBUG_KERNEL - SCHED_DEBUG, not sure yet, its one by default - TIMER_STATS, needed for powertop, gives some usefull data even on non-x86 Bastian -- A ...

  1. Enable some debug options

    --
    A little suffering is good for the soul.
    -- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0

  2. Re: Enable some debug options

    Bastian Blank wrote:
    > Hi folks
    >
    > I'd like to enable some debug options for all images:
    > - PRINTK_TIME

    Is this one useful for non-esoteric cases?

    > - DEBUG_KERNEL
    > - SCHED_DEBUG, not sure yet, its one by default
    > - TIMER_STATS, needed for powertop, gives some usefull data even on
    > non-x86
    >
    > Bastian
    >
    > --
    > A little suffering is good for the soul.
    > -- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0

  3. Re: Enable some debug options

    On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:37:38AM +0000, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
    > Bastian Blank wrote:
    > > - PRINTK_TIME

    > Is this one useful for non-esoteric cases?

    Sure. You never had the problem that the kernel log is full of disk
    errors and you can't determine the timing?

    Bastian

    --
    No one wants war.
    -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7

  4. Re: Enable some debug options

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Bastian Blank wrote:

    > I'd like to enable some debug options for all images:
    > - PRINTK_TIME
    > - DEBUG_KERNEL
    > - SCHED_DEBUG, not sure yet, its one by default
    > - TIMER_STATS, needed for powertop, gives some usefull data even on
    > non-x86

    ack on all.