libata PATA transition - Debian

This is a discussion on libata PATA transition - Debian ; Hi, I am wondering if someone have already thought of the future libata PATA transition in Debian and about taking steps in the present to start checking all the drivers for a future libata PATA Debian Linux kernel. I found ...

  1. libata PATA transition

    Hi,

    I am wondering if someone have already thought of the future
    libata PATA transition in Debian and about taking steps in
    the present to start checking all the drivers for a future
    libata PATA Debian Linux kernel.

    I found that Ubuntu has a Blueprint open for that transition
    but it does not seem to have taken any steps about it:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LibAtaForAtaDisks

    Here is a tutorial to configure libata PATA:
    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to.../_PATA_drivers

    Has anybody thought about the libata PATA transition in
    Debian?

    Roberto

    Ahora tambi�n puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el m�vil.
    Inf�rmate pinchando aqu�.

  2. Re: libata PATA transition

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008, ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es wrote:

    > Has anybody thought about the libata PATA transition in
    > Debian?

    yes, but the preparational steps are not done:
    - UUID udev rules by lvm2/mdadm
    (blocked by udev maintainer that wanted to rename something)
    - UUID support in fstab

  3. Re: libata PATA transition

    Hi,

    On Tuesday 11 March 2008 16:27, maximilian attems wrote:
    > > Has anybody thought about the libata PATA transition in
    > > Debian?

    > yes, but the preparational steps are not done:
    > - UUID udev rules by lvm2/mdadm
    > (blocked by udev maintainer that wanted to rename something)
    > - UUID support in fstab

    are there bugs to track those issues?

    regards,
    Holger

  4. Re: libata PATA transition

    On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:35:51PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Tuesday 11 March 2008 16:27, maximilian attems wrote:
    > > > Has anybody thought about the libata PATA transition in
    > > > Debian?

    > > yes, but the preparational steps are not done:
    > > - UUID udev rules by lvm2/mdadm
    > > (blocked by udev maintainer that wanted to rename something)

    on mdadm side: #435983
    on lvm side i don't know

    > > - UUID support in fstab

    should be plenty on d-i side.

    > are there bugs to track those issues?

    see aboves.

    the bigger issues once those are fixed is to migrate fstabs.
    that is not fun, but we would do it in the dkt framework of waldi.

  5. Re: libata PATA transition

    also sprach maximilian attems [2008.03.12.1249 +0100]:
    > on mdadm side: #435983

    Marco has not responded. I wonder if there's someone else who can
    implement this? I don't have the time to read up on it and I would
    have to learn udev first.

    --
    .''`. martin f. krafft
    : :' : proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user

    logik ist analsadismus: gedanken werden gewaltsam
    durch einen engen gang gepret.
    -- frei nach lacan

  6. Re: libata PATA transition

    Hi,

    On Wednesday 12 March 2008 13:14, martin f krafft wrote:
    > Marco has not responded. I wonder if there's someone else who can
    > implement this? I don't have the time to read up on it and I would
    > have to learn udev first.

    Quoting #435983:

    also sprach Marco d'Itri [2007.09.10.1409 +0200]:
    > I will do it ASAP. Please do not do this by yourself because the udev
    > rules files need to be renamed first (or else I would need to add
    > conflicts and you would need to move the file).

    Marco, any news on this?

    regards,
    Holger

+ Reply to Thread