Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections - Debian ; [Sam Hocevar] > Development news > ---------------- > > Last month Petter Reinholdtsen (pere) gave some news about his > project of improving the init system [3]. This is almost as simple as > adding LSB headers to your init ...

  1. Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

    [Sam Hocevar]
    > Development news
    > ----------------
    >
    > Last month Petter Reinholdtsen (pere) gave some news about his
    > project of improving the init system [3]. This is almost as simple as
    > adding LSB headers to your init scripts, and work is advancing towards
    > this goal, though not as quickly as desirable. If your packages have
    > init scripts, or if you wish to help, I urge you to have a look at the
    > proposal so that we can have it in Lenny.

    For those wondering if their package is affected, here is the complete
    list of 200 packages missing the LSB headers, sorted by maintainer.
    All release goals can use 0-day NMUs, so anyone is welcome to help
    solve these issue. Several of them have BTS reports with patches to
    fix it already, but I have not managed to covered them all yet.

    Guenter Geiger (Debian/GNU)
    realtime-lsm

    Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
    courier-authlib
    interchange
    pure-ftpd
    sympa

    Cyril Lacoux (Yack)
    digitools

    Marco Presi (Zufus)
    linesrv

    Peter De Schrijver (p2)
    linux-atm

    Osamu Aoki
    tpconfig

    Ben Armstrong
    xpilot-ng

    Don Armstrong
    spamass-milter

    SZALAY Attila
    zorp

    Alan Bain
    rbootd

    Andreas Barth
    mgetty

    Daniel Baumann
    ipmasq
    nfs-user-server

    Hilko Bengen
    ulog-acctd

    Grzegorz Bizon
    specter

    Blars Blarson
    cnews

    Ed Boraas
    tinyproxy

    Cyril Bouthors
    bld
    drbdlinks

    Chris Boyle
    reaim

    Adrian Bridgett
    dante

    Eric Van Buggenhaut
    udhcp

    Bruno Barrera C.
    portsentry

    Patrick Caulfield
    mopd

    Dennis L. Clark
    bnetd

    Jesus Climent
    distmp3

    Russell Coker
    memlockd

    Jamin W. Collins
    jabber

    Carlo Contavalli
    wipl

    Paul Cupis
    guarddog
    guidedog

    Artur R. Czechowski
    rrdcollect

    Julien Danjou
    greylistd
    ledstats
    tetrinetx
    tleds

    Debian GNUstep maintainers
    gnustep-base

    Debian Hamradio Maintainers
    aprsd

    Debian Icecast team
    icecast2

    Debian Multimedia Team
    das-watchdog

    Debian Nagios Maintainer Group
    nsca

    Debian VoIP Team
    rtpproxy
    siproxd

    Eric Delaunay
    scsitools

    Bernd Eckenfels
    net-acct
    transproxy

    Robert S. Edmonds
    pcaputils

    Nick Estes
    upsd

    Martín Ferrari
    vtun

    Duncan Findlay
    spamassassin

    Turbo Fredriksson
    roxen4

    Jochen Friedrich
    isakmpd

    Peter S Galbraith
    xtide

    Radovan Garabik
    serpento

    Radovan Garabík
    karrigell
    xtell

    Hector Garcia
    smail

    RISKO Gergely
    shaperd

    David Gil
    pads

    Rudy Godoy
    netapplet

    John Goerzen
    pygopherd

    Celso González
    cpudyn

    Daniel Gubser
    psad

    Guido Guenther
    smartmontools

    Aurélien GÉRÔME
    dancer-ircd
    dancer-services

    Marc Haber
    ifupdown-scripts-zg2

    Pascal Hakim
    anacron

    Chris Halls
    apt-proxy

    David B. Harris
    ipband

    Andres Seco Hernandez
    alamin

    Varun Hiremath
    oss-preserve

    Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
    fcron

    Simon Horman
    heartbeat
    perdition

    Peter Howard
    zoneminder

    Qingning Huo
    log2mail

    Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta
    fwlogwatch
    netkit-bootparamd
    xmbmon

    Mario Iseli
    irmp3

    Ian Jackson
    sauce

    Ian Jackson
    userv

    LENART Janos
    jmon

    Joerg Jaspert
    muddleftpd

    LaMont Jones
    hpsockd

    Karl E. Jorgensen
    battery-stats

    Takuo KITAME
    smtpguard

    Matthias Klose
    buildbot

    Steve Kowalik
    xringd

    Antonin Kral
    pimd

    Anand Kumria
    tspc

    Joshua Kwan
    nethack

    Mario Lang
    filterproxy

    Thomas Lange
    fai

    Chris Lawrence
    gnome-lokkit

    John Lines
    plptools
    smtpd

    Pablo Lorenzzoni
    tcpspy

    Ola Lundqvist
    dhttpd
    ledcontrol
    nfsbooted
    ntop

    Ian Maclaine-cross
    ddns3-client

    Keita Maehara
    freewnn

    Aigars Mahinovs
    swapd

    Christoph Martin
    mimedefang

    Peter Mathiasson
    pam-devperm

    Martin Maurer
    fireflier

    Brian May
    heimdal

    Rene Mayrhofer
    gibraltar-bootcd

    Rene Mayrhofer
    pptpd

    Jonathan McDowell
    l2tpns

    Neil McGovern
    blootbot

    Steve McIntyre <93sam@debian.org>
    nas
    wmaloader

    Michael Mende
    wackamole

    Abraham vd Merwe
    ixbiff

    Michael Meskes
    jftpgw

    Millis Miller
    iptotal

    Loic Minier
    termpkg

    Sebastian Muszynski
    ax25spyd

    Gergely Nagy
    tama

    Marco Nenciarini
    xtradius

    Jaakko Niemi
    sfs

    Recai Okta?
    elog

    Masahito Omote
    totd

    Eloy A. Paris
    ncpfs

    Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a
    bastille

    Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a
    honeyd
    samhain

    VÃctor Pérez Pereira
    squidtaild

    Nick Phillips
    teapop

    Ari Pollak
    drscheme

    Cajus Pollmeier
    uif

    Daniel J. Priem
    capisuite

    Celso Providelo
    sqcwa

    Puppet Package Maintainers
    puppet

    Mark Purcell
    gsmlib
    hpoj

    KELEMEN Péter
    arpwatch

    Martin Quinson
    nws

    Ganesan Rajagopal
    ipsec-tools
    openslp-dfsg

    Kurt Roeckx
    ircd-irc2

    Piotr Roszatycki
    ldapdns
    systune

    Mats Rynge
    p3scan

    Anibal Monsalve Salazar
    bpalogin
    pipsecd
    swapspace

    Bernd Schumacher
    secvpn

    Vladimir Shakhov
    wdm

    Guus Sliepen
    inputlirc

    Paul Slootman
    isdnutils

    Jonas Smedegaard
    netatalk
    pop-before-smtp
    rpld

    Roger So
    im-sdk

    Joop Stakenborg
    cwdaemon
    pingpong

    Dennis Stampfer
    timeoutd

    Stephan A Suerken
    gom

    Ond?ej Surý
    bird
    nsd
    postfix-policyd

    Bryan Sutula
    openhpi

    Jose Luis Tallon
    couriergraph

    Stuart Teasdale
    ganglia-monitor-core

    Paul Telford
    mordor
    mudnames

    Michael Tokarev
    rbldnsd

    Fumitoshi UKAI
    hyperestraier
    quickml
    smtpfeed

    Junichi Uekawa
    rarpd

    Utnubu Team
    dmraid

    Santiago Vila
    postfix-gld

    Michael Vogt
    scanlogd

    Riku Voipio
    setmixer

    Martin Waitz
    oidentd

    Lucas Wall
    popfile

    Hanna Wallach
    didiwiki

    Chad Walstrom
    clamsmtp

    Jerome Warnier
    and

    Joerg Wendland
    ipvsadm

    Brian White
    genpower
    squid-prefetch

    Martin Wuertele
    bopm

    Matt Zimmerman
    umlrun

    Anton Zinoviev
    console-cyrillic

    Marco d'Itri
    binkd

    lirc Maintainer Team
    lirc

    lantz moore
    rplay

    Sam Hocevar (Debian packages)
    gnudip
    ipfm
    rinetd

    Happy hacking,
    --
    Petter Reinholdtsen

  2. Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

    Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):

    > [Sam Hocevar]
    > > Development news
    > > ----------------
    > >
    > > Last month Petter Reinholdtsen (pere) gave some news about his
    > > project of improving the init system [3]. This is almost as simple as
    > > adding LSB headers to your init scripts, and work is advancing towards
    > > this goal, though not as quickly as desirable. If your packages have
    > > init scripts, or if you wish to help, I urge you to have a look at the
    > > proposal so that we can have it in Lenny.

    > For those wondering if their package is affected, here is the complete
    > list of 200 packages missing the LSB headers, sorted by maintainer.
    > All release goals can use 0-day NMUs, so anyone is welcome to help
    > solve these issue. Several of them have BTS reports with patches to
    > fix it already, but I have not managed to covered them all yet.

    I'm currently in the early process of the second l10n NMU campaign
    ever (the first happened before etch). As usual with the help of the
    i18n crowd. That campaign will last until the very final freeze of lenny.

    While doing so, I already spotted a few packages which are missing LSB
    headers. I *will* add these when NMUing such packages to add the
    pending l10n stuff.

    So, in case some people start a NMU campaign for LSB stuff and find
    packages with pending debconf l10n bug reports, please drop me a note.

+ Reply to Thread