USB WLAN - Debian

  2. Re: USB WLAN

    On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:49:42AM +0100, Andre Lorenz wrote:
    > but now my question.
    >
    > where can i find a good manual / howto to configure this stick
    > (assining ip, using wep-key .....)

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_....Wireless.html

    HTH
    --
    paolo

  3. Re: USB WLAN

    Andre Lorenz wrote:

    > I'm using Debian Etch R2 on my laptop. from former time I've an
    > USB-Wlan Stick from Sitecom.
    > the USB-stick is known, if i do lsusb, also the kernel-module will be
    > loadaded without any error-message.
    >
    > but now my question.
    >
    > where can i find a good manual / howto to configure this stick
    > (assining ip, using wep-key .....)

    An introduction on howto set up encrypted WLAN for Debian can be found in the
    documentation of the package wpasupplicant which is mandatory for this task and,
    therefore, should be installed first.
    --
    Regards,
    Jrg-Volker.

  4. Re: USB WLAN

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:32:17 +0100
    Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:

    > Andre Lorenz wrote:
    >
    > > I'm using Debian Etch R2 on my laptop. from former time I've an
    > > USB-Wlan Stick from Sitecom.
    > > the USB-stick is known, if i do lsusb, also the kernel-module will
    > > be loadaded without any error-message.
    > >
    > > but now my question.
    > >
    > > where can i find a good manual / howto to configure this stick
    > > (assining ip, using wep-key .....)

    > An introduction on howto set up encrypted WLAN for Debian can be
    > found in the documentation of the package wpasupplicant which is
    > mandatory for this task and, therefore, should be installed first.

    Actually, wpasupplicant is not necessary if you just want WEP, and
    getting wpasupplicant configured and working is fairly non-trivial,
    especially if you want to use WPA. I tried once and failed miserably. If
    you just want a real simple networking tutorial, perhaps this will help:

    http://www.ckintl.biz/index.php?id=76

    Clayton

  5. Re: USB WLAN

  6. Re: USB WLAN