Extending fortunes-debian-hints package - Debian

This is a discussion on Extending fortunes-debian-hints package - Debian ; Hi all, I have adopted package fortunes-debian-hints (#465936). The package contains various 'hints' regarding Debian system as name of package suggested. I therefore request to send 'hints' you encountered during your experience with Debian till now which can be helpful ...

  1. Extending fortunes-debian-hints package

    Hi all,

    I have adopted package fortunes-debian-hints (#465936). The package
    contains various 'hints' regarding Debian system as name of package
    suggested.

    I therefore request to send 'hints' you encountered during your
    experience with Debian till now which can be helpful to our users and
    developers. Feel free to pass it to me for adding your hints into
    package.

    Once, enough hints are gathered, I will request for translation of it
    too, sometime in near future.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Cheers,
    Kartik Mistry | GPG: 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

  2. Re: Extending fortunes-debian-hints package

    2008/2/25, Kartik Mistry :
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have adopted package fortunes-debian-hints (#465936). The package
    > contains various 'hints' regarding Debian system as name of package
    > suggested.
    >
    > I therefore request to send 'hints' you encountered during your
    > experience with Debian till now which can be helpful to our users and
    > developers. Feel free to pass it to me for adding your hints into
    > package.

    Would it make sense to make a page in the wiki about it? That might
    make it easier for people to add hints

    Miry

  3. Re: Extending fortunes-debian-hints package

    On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
    > > Feel free to pass it to me for adding your hints into
    > > package.

    > Would it make sense to make a page in the wiki about it? That might
    > make it easier for people to add hints

    Great idea. Please check: http://wiki.debian.org/FortunesDebianHints

    and get started! I am new to wiki, so improve my formatting too

    --
    Cheers,
    Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

  4. Re: Extending fortunes-debian-hints package

    Hi,

    On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 09:39 +0530, Kartik Mistry wrote:
    > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
    > > > Feel free to pass it to me for adding your hints into
    > > > package.

    > > Would it make sense to make a page in the wiki about it? That might
    > > make it easier for people to add hints

    > Great idea. Please check: http://wiki.debian.org/FortunesDebianHints
    >
    > and get started! I am new to wiki, so improve my formatting too

    I think it would be nice to have this package as part of the default
    install, with a hook in .profile to display a hint on login. FreeBSD has
    a similar feature.

    William

  5. Re: Extending fortunes-debian-hints package

    Hi!

    * Kartik Mistry [080226 05:09]:

    > Great idea. Please check: http://wiki.debian.org/FortunesDebianHints
    >
    > and get started! I am new to wiki, so improve my formatting too

    You might want to "subscribe" to that wiki page, so you'll get notified
    via email, when someone makes a change to that page

    Yours sincerely,
    Alexander

+ Reply to Thread