CDBS cmake.mk class - Debian

This is a discussion on CDBS cmake.mk class - Debian ; Hi guys I've a strange behaviour compiling a kde4 package with cmake.mk CDBS class. I get a lot of strange CMake errors (like "MATH cannot parse the expression:" and so on...) when try to compile with dpkg-buildpackage but all was ...

  1. CDBS cmake.mk class

    Hi guys I've a strange behaviour compiling a kde4 package with cmake.mk CDBS
    class.

    I get a lot of strange CMake errors (like "MATH cannot parse the
    expression:" and so on...) when try to compile with dpkg-buildpackage but
    all was OK if I use "cmake ..".

    Investigating I found variable who cause error: -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER="cc".

    First Question: Why I got this kind of error ?? (cc is 4.2.3 - but same
    error with 4.2.1 and 4.3)
    Other Question: How I tell debian/rule to modify some variables ? If I
    redefine CMAKE_C_COMPILER with "" I don't have any changes.

    Regards (and sorry for my english),
    Salvatore

  2. Re: CDBS cmake.mk class

    On 28/01/2008, Salvatore Ansani wrote:
    > Hi guys I've a strange behaviour compiling a kde4 package with
    > cmake.mk CDBS class.

    (And gales?)

    > Investigating I found variable who cause error:
    > -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER="cc".
    >
    > Other Question: How I tell debian/rule to modify some variables ? If I
    > redefine CMAKE_C_COMPILER with "" I don't have any
    > changes

    http://bugs.debian.org/cdbs will lead you to #450901.
    http://bugs.debian.org/cmake will lead you to #459207.

    Since it's not being fixed right now, I personally embed a copy of
    cmake.mk, without setting the two (C and CXX) offending variables.

    Cheers,

    --
    Cyril Brulebois

  3. Re: CDBS cmake.mk class

    Hi Cyril,

    I follow your tips and now I redefine CC and CXX on "debian/rules" with
    correct path and now all is ok.

    10x,
    Salvatore