Dual boot Vista & Lenny. - Debian

This is a discussion on Dual boot Vista & Lenny. - Debian ; Just installed Lenny on an HP Vista laptop. No error messages until I booted - /dev/sda3 does not exist, try /dev/hda3. I edited the grub stuff to /dev/hda3 - same message. I am dropped into an ash shell, prompt says ...

  1. Dual boot Vista & Lenny.

    Just installed Lenny on an HP Vista laptop. No error messages until I
    booted - /dev/sda3 does not exist, try /dev/hda3. I edited the grub stuff
    to /dev/hda3 - same message. I am dropped into an ash shell, prompt says
    (intrafms). I put grub into the mbr - perhaps I shouldn't have. So,
    neither sda3 nor hda3 exist. Vista boots, btw. Any hints, pointers, etc
    appreciated.

  2. Re: Dual boot Vista & Lenny.

+ Reply to Thread