[tefera@mekuria.com: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?] - Debian

This is a discussion on [tefera@mekuria.com: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?] - Debian ; FYI, Davide ----- Forwarded message from TG ----- From: TG Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:07:41 +0800 To: Davide Viti Subject: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer? I have not had the chance to download ...

  1. [tefera@mekuria.com: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?]

    FYI,
    Davide

    ----- Forwarded message from TG -----

    From: TG
    Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:07:41 +0800
    To: Davide Viti
    Subject: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

    I have not had the chance to download the iso image but I have looked at the
    screen shot and it looks very good.

    On Jan 16, 2008 5:53 AM, Davide Viti < zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 08:46:38PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
    > Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
    >
    > I just reported a bug against ttf-sil-abyssinica source package, with
    > an attached patch, to propose stripping out the Latin range in the
    > udeb.

    I've created a test image [1] after applying the above patch; quckly tried
    it with qemu
    a took a screenshot [2].
    Would be nice to have some feedback from original language speakers

    regards,
    Davide

    [1] http://www.alioth.debian.org/~zinosat-guest/mini.iso
    [2] http://www.alioth.debian.org/~zinosat-guest/am_gi.png

    ----- End forwarded message -----

  2. Re: [tefera@mekuria.com: Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?]

    On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
    > I have not had the chance to download the iso image but I have looked at
    > the screen shot and it looks very good.

    Problem is of course that he's probably not compared it to how things look
    with the current version...

+ Reply to Thread