unable to perform install - Debian

This is a discussion on unable to perform install - Debian ; Hi, In first, really sorry for my bad english. Here is my problem to perform the install on my desktop PC. When i'm booting on the latest release (4.0R1) i was unable to perform the installation. The hang when discover ...

  1. unable to perform install

    Hi,

    In first, really sorry for my bad english.

    Here is my problem to perform the install on my desktop PC.

    When i'm booting on the latest release (4.0R1) i was unable to perform the
    installation. The hang when discover my hardware.

    Here is the last line during this procedure : APIC Assume pci root bridge.

    My desktop pc is a HP DC7700p (Intel vPro, E6300, 1 GB RAM and a GMA3000+)

    I love your distrib and i have this one on an AMD64 3500+ that run
    perfectly.

    Thanks in advance to help me to solve this problem.

  2. Re: unable to perform install

    On Friday 28 December 2007, AirBAT wrote:
    > When i'm booting on the latest release (4.0R1) i was unable to perform
    > the installation. The hang when discover my hardware.
    >
    > Here is the last line during this procedure : APIC Assume pci root
    > bridge.

    This very much looks like a kernel issue with support for your hardware
    and not a problem in the installer itself.

    There are a few kernel options you can try to see if that will get the
    system to boot. Try booting with:
    - install noapic
    - install noapic nolapic
    - install acpi=off

    However, those options are workarounds, not solutions. They may even leave
    you with incomplete or sub-optimal support for your hardware.
    To get your hardware supported better, your best option is to contact the
    upstream kernel developers (at linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org) and provide
    them with the information on your hardware and the boot failure.

    Cheers,
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread