3Com 3CCM156 - Debian

This is a discussion on 3Com 3CCM156 - Debian ; i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156 56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop. when i plug in the card dmesg tells me: pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0 cs: warning: ...

  1. 3Com 3CCM156

    i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
    56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

    when i plug in the card dmesg tells me:
    pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
    cs: warning: no high memory space available!

    doing "sudo setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 autoconfig"
    gives me:
    /dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 3

    with dmesg returning:
    ttys0: LSR safety check engaged!

    also wvdialconf reports:
    "no modem detected" and asks if it was configured properly with
    setserial (which apparently it is not).

    i would appreciate any help with this problem. i run Debian "Testing"
    with the 2.6.22-2-686 kernel. thanks.

    http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

  2. Re: 3Com 3CCM156

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:55:02 -0600
    Preston Boyington wrote:

    > i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
    > 56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

    I don't know if I can help you, but I use a secondhand 3Com 3CXM556 on
    my Acer Laptop; it's a 16 bit hardware modem (with 'XJACK connector',
    whatever that is) possibly similar to yours. [It calls itself a
    'cellular modem', but I use it for dialup over POTS.]

    It "just worked" with wvdial after I made sure to build serial support
    (and 'serial_cs' for 16 bit PCMCIA support) into my custom kernels (I
    think everything is properly enabled in the Debian stock ones).

    Celejar