Please remove obsolete wanrouter module - Debian

This is a discussion on Please remove obsolete wanrouter module - Debian ; Hi I have been having problems getting a Sangoma A102d E1/T1 telephony interface card working on my Debian system. The Sangoma folks provide software which builds a kernel module and other packages and they have a debbuild option to build ...

  1. Please remove obsolete wanrouter module

    Hi

    I have been having problems getting a Sangoma A102d E1/T1 telephony
    interface card working on my Debian system. The Sangoma folks provide
    software which builds a kernel module and other packages and they have
    a debbuild option to build a Debian package. However, it turns out
    that the package will not install because it contains a file called
    wanrouter.ko which is already present in the standard Debian kernel
    packages. As, I understand it this is an obsolete version of the
    driver and I would like to request that this is removed from future
    Debian kernel packages.

    Thanks

    Ben Thompson

  2. Re: Please remove obsolete wanrouter module

    On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:10:13AM +0000, Ben Thompson wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been having problems getting a Sangoma A102d E1/T1 telephony
    > interface card working on my Debian system. The Sangoma folks provide
    > software which builds a kernel module and other packages and they have
    > a debbuild option to build a Debian package. However, it turns out
    > that the package will not install because it contains a file called
    > wanrouter.ko which is already present in the standard Debian kernel
    > packages. As, I understand it this is an obsolete version of the
    > driver and I would like to request that this is removed from future
    > Debian kernel packages.

    hey Ben,
    It doesn't look like wanrouter has been touched in upstream in a long
    while, but we can't say that there are no users of it. Some
    suggestions that might help:
    * See if Sangoma can get their changes accepted into the upstream
    kernel - this way all distributions will automatically get a
    working version
    * Ask Sangoma to use dpkg-diversions to replace the system-provided
    module

    --
    dann frazier