debian laptop wirless problem - Debian

This is a discussion on debian laptop wirless problem - Debian ; Hi, I have an HP zt3000 with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless cards built in. It has been awful to get it working in spite of instructions I found on the Internet. I followed the instructions from http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ but couldn't ...

  1. debian laptop wirless problem

    Hi,
    I have an HP zt3000 with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless cards built in.
    It has been awful to get it working in spite of instructions I found on
    the Internet.
    I followed the instructions from http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ but
    couldn't get it working.

    At the moment I'm using Kubuntu on my laptop because of this wireless
    problem.

    Cheers,
    Dustin Johnson
    http://www.stock-market-investors.com

  2. Re: debian laptop wirless problem

    On Sunday 25 November 2007 22:21, dustinjohnson@stock-market-investors.com
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have an HP zt3000 with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless cards built in.
    > It has been awful to get it working in spite of instructions I found on
    > the Internet.
    > I followed the instructions from http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ but
    > couldn't get it working.
    >
    > At the moment I'm using Kubuntu on my laptop because of this wireless
    > problem.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Dustin Johnson
    > http://www.stock-market-investors.com

    Morning,

    1. What is the contents of your '/lib/firmware/' directory and what
    does 'dmesg | grep ipw2200' give you?
    2. Are you using the kernel module from apt, or did you build from source?
    --
    Thank you,

    Clifford W. Hansen
    PHP Developer / Linux Administrator