Hello,

> I vaguely recall seeing a recommendation for library packages
> for a particular language to follow libFOO-BAR naming convention
> in Debian, where FOO is the name of a library, and BAR is an
> arbitrary common suffix (thus, liberror-perl, or
> libsqlite-ocaml.)
>
> Could one point me to where this recommendation is given?

In the perl policy document[0] it states:

"Perl module packages should be named for the primary module provided.
The naming convention for module Foo::Bar is libfoo-bar-perl. Packages
which include multiple modules may additionally include provides for
those modules using the same convention."

HTH

Jeremiah

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-...-package_names