PLAY giving error - Debian

This is a discussion on PLAY giving error - Debian ; I have a directory with a lot of *.gsm files. I used to play those files with the command: # play your.gsm During an upgrade (apt-get upgrade) something went wrong. Now I can't play those files anymore. asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds# play your.gsm ...

  1. PLAY giving error

    I have a directory with a lot of *.gsm files.

    I used to play those files with the command:
    # play your.gsm

    During an upgrade (apt-get upgrade) something went wrong.

    Now I can't play those files anymore.

    asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds# play your.gsm
    play soxio: Failed reading `your.gsm': unknown file type `auto'<--------
    asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds#

    Any solution(s) to this problem ?

  2. Re: PLAY giving error

    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > I have a directory with a lot of *.gsm files.
    >
    > I used to play those files with the command:
    > # play your.gsm
    >
    > During an upgrade (apt-get upgrade) something went wrong.
    >
    > Now I can't play those files anymore.
    >
    > asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds# play your.gsm
    > play soxio: Failed reading `your.gsm': unknown file type `auto'<--------
    > asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds#
    >
    > Any solution(s) to this problem ?

    I deleted sox (aptitude remove sox) and
    reinstalled it again (aptitude install sox)

    Now I get another error message (compared to first time)
    asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds# play your.gsm
    play soxio: Failed writing `default': unknown file type `ao'<-----
    asterisk:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds#

+ Reply to Thread