sound in Thinkpad X61s - Debian

This is a discussion on sound in Thinkpad X61s - Debian ; Hi. I have a thinkpad x61s and I'm using debian unstable. The thing is I can't get no sound even thou I'm using alsa 1.0.15 which should work with my Analog Devices 1984 sound card using snd_hda_intel module which is ...

  1. sound in Thinkpad X61s

    Hi.

    I have a thinkpad x61s and I'm using debian unstable.
    The thing is I can't get no sound even thou I'm using alsa 1.0.15
    which should work with my Analog Devices 1984 sound card using
    snd_hda_intel module which is loaded.
    I can hear something if I press backspace on a console while the sound
    is playing.
    I have all channels unmuted and the hardware mute switch is not on.

    Anyone with a X61s or a T61, which has the same card has a fix for
    this?

    Thanks

    note: lspci lists this card as:
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
    Controller (rev 03)

  2. Re: sound in Thinkpad X61s

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:10:13 +0100, Ricardo Teixeira wrote:

    > Anyone with a X61s or a T61, which has the same card has a fix for this?

    Check out the thinkwiki wiki, it should have what you look for IIRC.

    http://www.thinkwiki.org/

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449