Netinstall for testing/lenny - Debian

  2. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    I demand that Christoph Egger may or may not have written...

    > I'm planing to move from Ubuntu to Debian testing (I have to do some
    > repartitioning anyway). I already installed Debian Etch on some small
    > servers all with the netinstall CDImages, so I searched the Web for a Lenny
    > netinstall Image but could only find a old link in an french forum pointing
    > into void.

    > Is there such a thing as a netinstall CD for Lenny? Where do I find one? If
    > not, what should I use? Etch Netinstall or the Lenny CD1?

    You could dist-upgrade from etch.

    Edit /etc/apt/sources.list, replacing etch (or stable) with lenny (or
    testing). Run 'aptitude update', upgrade libc6 & libstdc++6 and anything on
    which they depend ('aptitude install ...' should do it) then apt and aptitude
    then run 'aptitude dist-upgrade'.

    You may encounter problems with the dist-upgrade; be prepared to resolve
    dependency and conflict problems manually and to report bugs where necessary.

    | + Burn less waste. Use less packaging. Waste less. USE FEWER RESOURCES.

    Man's horizons are bounded by his vision.

  3. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:49:54 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:

    > Is there such a thing as a netinstall CD for Lenny? Where do I find one?
    > If not, what should I use? Etch Netinstall or the Lenny CD1?

    Just do the Etch netinstall, change your sources.list to point at lenny
    instead of etch, and do "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade".

  4. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

  5. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:21:57 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:

    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l
    Linux user 335851

  7. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

  8. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    In alt.os.linux.debian on Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:44:23 +0100, Christoph
    Egger wrote:

    > Neil Ellwood schrieb:
    >
    >> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

    > I can't find any netinstall at this site. Did I actually missed it?

    You missed the "netinst" links.

    * netinst (generally 135-175 MB) and businesscard (generally 20-50 MB) CD images
    [alpha] [amd64] [arm] [hppa] [i386] [ia64] [m68k] [mips] [mipsel]
    [powerpc] [sparc]
    * netinst and businesscard CD images (via jigdo)

    --
    PJR :-)

  9. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

  10. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    Neil Ellwood used his keyboard to write :

    > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

    Cool!

  11. Re: Netinstall for testing/lenny

    Christoph Egger wrote:

    netinst (generally 135-175 MB) and businesscard (generally 20-50 MB)
    CD images
    [alpha] [amd64] [arm] [hppa] [i386] [ia64] [m68k] [mips] [mipsel]
    [powerpc] [sparc]
    netinst and businesscard CD images (via jigdo)
    [alpha] [amd64] [arm] [hppa] [i386] [ia64] [m68k] [mips] [mipsel]
    [powerpc] [sparc]

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l