reportbug and usertags - Debian

This is a discussion on reportbug and usertags - Debian ; I may simply be doing this wrong, but how do I set usertags within reportbug? I'm trying this: http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emde...re03.html#meld Where reportbug adds: Tag: patch I follow on with: User: codehelp@debian.org Usertags: crossbuilt This doesn't work and I have to set ...

  1. reportbug and usertags

    I may simply be doing this wrong, but how do I set usertags within reportbug?

    I'm trying this:
    http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emde...re03.html#meld

    Where reportbug adds:
    Tag: patch

    I follow on with:
    User: codehelp@debian.org
    Usertags: crossbuilt

    This doesn't work and I have to set the usertags later:
    $ bts user codehelp@debian.org , usertag NUMBER + crossbuilt

    What am I missing?

    --

    Neil Williams
    =============

  2. Re: reportbug and usertags

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
    > I may simply be doing this wrong, but how do I set usertags within reportbug?
    >
    > I'm trying this:
    > http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emde...re03.html#meld
    >
    > Where reportbug adds:
    > Tag: patch
    >
    > I follow on with:
    > User: codehelp@debian.org
    > Usertags: crossbuilt
    >
    > This doesn't work and I have to set the usertags later:
    > $ bts user codehelp@debian.org , usertag NUMBER + crossbuilt
    >
    > What am I missing?

    Can you tell me an example bug number that you've done this with?

    Setting usertags like that is "supposed" to work, but it's possible
    that there is a bug somewhere that isn't obvious.

    Don Armstrong

    --
    "I was thinking seven figures," he said, "but I would have taken a
    hundred grand. I'm not a greedy person." [All for a moldy bottle of

    http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu

  3. Re: reportbug and usertags

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:03:21 -0800
    Don Armstrong wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
    > > I may simply be doing this wrong, but how do I set usertags within reportbug?
    > >
    > > I'm trying this:
    > > http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emde...re03.html#meld
    > >
    > > Where reportbug adds:
    > > Tag: patch
    > >
    > > I follow on with:
    > > User: codehelp@debian.org
    > > Usertags: crossbuilt
    > >
    > > This doesn't work and I have to set the usertags later:
    > > $ bts user codehelp@debian.org , usertag NUMBER + crossbuilt
    > >
    > > What am I missing?

    > Can you tell me an example bug number that you've done this with?

    Number: 451123
    Subject: base-passwd: cross build support

    Number: 451136
    Subject: devmapper: mass bug filing for cross-build support

    Number: 451139
    Subject: dhcp3: long term mass bug filing for cross build support

    Number: 451147

    Sample content from the reportbug log:
    Package: dialog
    Version: 1.1-20070930-1
    Severity: wishlist
    Tags: patch
    User: codehelp@debian.org
    Usertags: crossbuilt

    > Setting usertags like that is "supposed" to work, but it's possible
    > that there is a bug somewhere that isn't obvious.

    Thanks.

    --

    Neil Williams
    =============
    http://www.data-freedom.org/
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
    http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/

  4. Re: reportbug and usertags

    Don Armstrong wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
    > > I may simply be doing this wrong, but how do I set usertags within reportbug?

    > Setting usertags like that is "supposed" to work, but it's possible
    > that there is a bug somewhere that isn't obvious.

    Take a look at the next one (I haven't run 'bts' on this one yet):
    This is what I received back:

    From: Neil Williams
    To: Debian Bug Tracking System
    Subject: diffutils: trivial patch to support cross building
    Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:46:06 +0000

    Package: diffutils
    Version: 2.8.1-12
    Severity: wishlist
    Tags: patch

    In line with the other cross-building support bugs:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00116.html

    Yet the reportbug log shows:
    Package: diffutils
    Version: 2.8.1-12
    Severity: wishlist
    Tags: patch
    User: codehelp@debian.org
    Usertags: crossbuilt

    In line with the other cross-building support bugs:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00116.html

    This is #451159

    --

    Neil Williams
    =============
    http://www.data-freedom.org/
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
    http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/

  5. Re: reportbug and usertags

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
    > Take a look at the next one (I haven't run 'bts' on this one yet):
    > This is what I received back:

    [...]

    > Package: diffutils
    > Version: 2.8.1-12
    > Severity: wishlist
    > Tags: patch

    The above is the pseudoheader the BTS received; if you (or reportbug)
    had sent the pseudoheader below to the BTS, it should have worked.

    > Package: diffutils
    > Version: 2.8.1-12
    > Severity: wishlist
    > Tags: patch
    > User: codehelp@debian.org
    > Usertags: crossbuilt

    Sounds like a bug in reportbug to me; it's probably stripping out
    unknown pseudoheaders.

    Don Armstrong

    --
    No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free
    [...] You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

    http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu

  6. Re: reportbug and usertags

    On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 12:14 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:

    [User: and Usertags: in reportbug-generated mails not reaching the BTS]

    > Sounds like a bug in reportbug to me; it's probably stripping out
    > unknown pseudoheaders.

    Indeed; see #418677 and #445144, both currently filed at wishlist
    against reportbug.

    Adam

  7. Re: reportbug and usertags

    Quoting Adam D. Barratt (highvol-debian-devel@adam-barratt.org.uk):
    > On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 12:14 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
    >
    > [User: and Usertags: in reportbug-generated mails not reaching the BTS]
    >
    > > Sounds like a bug in reportbug to me; it's probably stripping out
    > > unknown pseudoheaders.

    > Indeed; see #418677 and #445144, both currently filed at wishlist
    > against reportbug.

    Shouldn't these bugs be upgraded to "important" or so as usertags
    became a really useful tool these days, particularly for QA work?

    (one of these bugs CC'ed, to reach Chris Lawrence and reportbug
    maintainers)

+ Reply to Thread