activating ondemand governor on ThinkPad T21 - Debian

This is a discussion on activating ondemand governor on ThinkPad T21 - Debian ; Hi! Playing with my ThinkPad T21 using Debian lenny and Kernel 2.6.22-2-686, I problems activating the ondemand powersaving governor. All I get is the following error message: "ondemand governor failed to load due to too long transition latency". I found ...

  1. activating ondemand governor on ThinkPad T21

    Hi!

    Playing with my ThinkPad T21 using Debian lenny and Kernel 2.6.22-2-686,
    I problems activating the ondemand powersaving governor.

    All I get is the following error message: "ondemand governor failed to
    load due to too long transition latency".

    I found some old hints (speaking of kernel 2.6.17 and earlier), that
    this problem could be solved by editing include/linux/cpufreq.h,
    replacing the -1 of '#define CPUFREQ_ETERNAL (-1)' with an higher value,
    e.g. 10, and recompiling the modules.

    Does anyone know an other solution? Preferably one, where I don't need
    to patch and recompile the kernel?

    Yours sincerely,
    Alexander

  2. Re: activating ondemand governor on ThinkPad T21

    Hi,

    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to...ased_ThinkPads

    --
    Florian Reitmeir

  3. Re: activating ondemand governor on ThinkPad T21

    Hi,

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

    > Playing with my ThinkPad T21 using Debian lenny and Kernel 2.6.22-2-686,
    > I problems activating the ondemand powersaving governor.
    >
    > All I get is the following error message: "ondemand governor failed to
    > load due to too long transition latency".
    >
    > I found some old hints (speaking of kernel 2.6.17 and earlier), that
    > this problem could be solved by editing include/linux/cpufreq.h,
    > replacing the -1 of '#define CPUFREQ_ETERNAL (-1)' with an higher value,
    > e.g. 10, and recompiling the modules.
    >
    > Does anyone know an other solution? Preferably one, where I don't need
    > to patch and recompile the kernel?

    th thinkwiki suggest for this laptop, to use APM, not ACPI, because ACPI bios
    has to many bugs.

    http://www.thinkwiki.org

    --
    Florian Reitmeir