Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back - Debian ; On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 the mental interface of Joerg Jaspert told: > Hi > > following my last mail on this topic[1] I now have good news for you: > ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org AKA "the main copy of the ...

  1. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
    Joerg Jaspert told:

    > Hi
    >
    > following my last mail on this topic[1] I now have good news for you:
    > ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org AKA "the main copy of the
    > archive" AKA (lots of) "OH GOD, i can't live without uploading
    > packages/getting updates" is back up.

    $ lynx http://incoming.debian.org

    shows an awfully bad formated directory listing and the dak files as
    well. Is that usual now?

    Elimar

    --
    Experience is something you don't get until
    just after you need it!

  2. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:10:08PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
    > $ lynx http://incoming.debian.org
    >
    > shows an awfully bad formated directory listing and the dak files as
    > well. Is that usual now?

    I don't know about lynx, but in Firefox incoming.d.o looks like it has always
    done.

    /* Steinar */
    --
    Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

  3. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    * Elimar Riesebieter [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:10:08 +0100]:

    > $ lynx http://incoming.debian.org

    > shows an awfully bad formated directory listing

    ftp-master now runs Apache 2 instead of 1, and the directory listing
    formatting has changed in that version (a instead of
    ).
    You'll have to live with that (but, alas, it'll not only be incoming.d.o
    where you'll be experiencing/suffering it, as more hosts move to apache2).

    HTH,

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look
    like a nail.

  4. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    Hi Steinar,
    * Steinar H. Gunderson [2007-11-12 18:15]:
    > On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:10:08PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
    > > $ lynx http://incoming.debian.org
    > >
    > > shows an awfully bad formated directory listing and the dak files as
    > > well. Is that usual now?

    > I don't know about lynx, but in Firefox incoming.d.o looks like it has always
    > done.

    http://nion.modprobe.de/incoming.png doesn't really look
    strange in my opinion too.
    The dak files weren't there before the problems but I guess
    this is just temporary thing because you don't have permissions to
    access them and they are only useful for dak itself.
    Kind regards
    Nico
    --
    Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF

  5. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    2007-11-12T18:11:11+0100, "Steinar H. Gunderson"
    :

    > On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:10:08PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
    > > $ lynx http://incoming.debian.org
    > >
    > > shows an awfully bad formated directory listing and the dak files as
    > > well. Is that usual now?

    > I don't know about lynx, but in Firefox incoming.d.o looks like it
    > has always done.

    You have maybe the page in Fx's cache?
    I see with Iceweasel the same thing than Elimar.

  6. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    Nico Golde wrote:
    > The dak files weren't there before the problems but I guess
    > this is just temporary thing because you don't have permissions to
    > access them and they are only useful for dak itself.

    They would be useful for adding stuff to the new queue information
    without recalculating, e.g. why a package ended up in new, but can also
    contain ftpmaster-internal annotations.
    Then, I guess the interest in the extended new queue reports wasn't that
    great anyway.

    Kind regards

    T.
    --
    Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/

  7. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    On 2007-11-12, Adeodato Simó wrote:
    > ftp-master now runs Apache 2 instead of 1, and the directory listing
    > formatting has changed in that version (a
  8. instead of
    ).
    > You'll have to live with that (but, alas, it'll not only be incoming.d.o
    > where you'll be experiencing/suffering it, as more hosts move to apache2).

    Not if NameWidth=* is in your IndexOptions.

    --
    Robert Edmonds
    edmonds@debian.org

  9. Re: ries.debian.org AKA ftp-master.debian.org back

    On 11201 March 1977, Thomas Viehmann wrote:

    >> The dak files weren't there before the problems but I guess
    >> this is just temporary thing because you don't have permissions to
    >> access them and they are only useful for dak itself.

    > They would be useful for adding stuff to the new queue information
    > without recalculating, e.g. why a package ended up in new, but can also
    > contain ftpmaster-internal annotations.
    > Then, I guess the interest in the extended new queue reports wasn't that
    > great anyway.

    Not that any file in incoming.d.o would be of any interest for the new
    queue. (And also not that incoming.d.o is a location that anyone should
    run scripts against. Or regularly use it.) (Of course ignoring buildds
    and their accepted_autobuild...)

    --
    bye Joerg
    (Irgendwo von heise.de):