linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686 uninstallable - Debian

This is a discussion on linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686 uninstallable - Debian ; Dear Debian Kernel Team, I am trying to test the 2.6.23 kernel images provided on http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel but unfortunately I cannot install the following package: # apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some ...

  1. linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686 uninstallable

    Dear Debian Kernel Team,

    I am trying to test the 2.6.23 kernel images provided on
    http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel but unfortunately I
    cannot install the following package:

    # apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    or been moved out of Incoming.

    that package should be filed.

    linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686: Depends: linux-kbuild-2.6.23 but it is not
    installable
    E: Broken packages

    --
    Laurent Bonnaud.
    http://www.lis.inpg.fr/pages_perso/bonnaud/

  2. Re: linux-headers-2.6.23-1-686 uninstallable

    I too saw the same problem and waited calmly hoping the kbuild package to be
    built. But couldn't wait long, so I went ahead and downloaded and compiled
    the debian linux-kernel-2.6.23 source package (using make-kpkg) and
    generated linux-image and linux-headers packages from one of my test VMs.

    I'm able to install those packages on my laptop without the dependency of
    linux-kbuild. Is the dependency of the package at build server currently
    broken ?

    Ritesh

    Laurent Bonnaud wrote:

    > Dear Debian Kernel Team,
    >
    > I am trying to test the 2.6.23 kernel images provided on
    > http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel but unfortunately I
    > cannot install the following package:

    --
    If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.