kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client - Debian

This is a discussion on kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client - Debian ; Hello list, I have an new LG Shine mobile phone an want to sync this device with kde KDE-pim apps. I found kitchensync to be (hopefully) the right tool. I can connect the phone via usb to my computer. So ...

  1. kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client

    Hello list,
    I have an new LG Shine mobile phone an want to sync this device with kde
    KDE-pim apps. I found kitchensync to be (hopefully) the right tool. I can
    connect the phone via usb to my computer. So I wanted to use the syncML over
    OBEX client. This modules asks for the usb interface on which the mobile
    found is to be found.

    I can mount the phone with /dev/sdb1. But I can not figure out which is the
    usb interface expected from kitchensync. Any ideas?

    Thank you in advance.

    W. Mader

  2. Re: kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client

    Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
    > I have an new LG Shine mobile phone an want to sync this device with kde
    > KDE-pim apps. I found kitchensync to be (hopefully) the right tool. I can
    > connect the phone via usb to my computer. So I wanted to use the syncML
    > over OBEX client. This modules asks for the usb interface on which the
    > mobile found is to be found.
    >
    > I can mount the phone with /dev/sdb1. But I can not figure out which is the
    > usb interface expected from kitchensync. Any ideas?

    What makes you think that your mobile phone exports the proper USB descriptor?
    It is highly unlikely that USB mass-storage and UBS-OBEX (via CDC) are
    supported at the same time.

    HS

  3. Re: kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client

    Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 23:37:51 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:
    > Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
    > > I have an new LG Shine mobile phone an want to sync this device with kde
    > > KDE-pim apps. I found kitchensync to be (hopefully) the right tool. I can
    > > connect the phone via usb to my computer. So I wanted to use the syncML
    > > over OBEX client. This modules asks for the usb interface on which the
    > > mobile found is to be found.
    > >
    > > I can mount the phone with /dev/sdb1. But I can not figure out which is
    > > the usb interface expected from kitchensync. Any ideas?

    > What makes you think that your mobile phone exports the proper USB
    > descriptor? It is highly unlikely that USB mass-storage and UBS-OBEX (via
    > CDC) are supported at the same time.

    Hmm, I do not know if my mobile phone supports OBEX, but this was the only
    protokoll in kitchensync which seems to use usb, and I have an usb-cable for
    my phone. I have never had a phone befor which was able to sync with the pc.
    Perhaps I have to read a bit. Can you please point me to the right
    documentation?

    Thank you.

  4. Re: kitchensync + syncML over OBEX client

    Am Mittwoch 07 November 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
    > Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 23:37:51 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:
    > > Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
    > > > I have an new LG Shine mobile phone an want to sync this device with
    > > > kde KDE-pim apps. I found kitchensync to be (hopefully) the right tool.
    > > > I can connect the phone via usb to my computer. So I wanted to use the
    > > > syncML over OBEX client. This modules asks for the usb interface on
    > > > which the mobile found is to be found.
    > > >
    > > > I can mount the phone with /dev/sdb1. But I can not figure out which is
    > > > the usb interface expected from kitchensync. Any ideas?

    > > What makes you think that your mobile phone exports the proper USB
    > > descriptor? It is highly unlikely that USB mass-storage and UBS-OBEX (via
    > > CDC) are supported at the same time.

    > Hmm, I do not know if my mobile phone supports OBEX, but this was the only
    > protokoll in kitchensync which seems to use usb, and I have an usb-cable
    > for my phone. I have never had a phone befor which was able to sync with
    > the pc. Perhaps I have to read a bit. Can you please point me to the right
    > documentation?

    You could try running "obexftp -u" (as root). It will tell you if there is a
    supported USB device. If it finds one as root but not as your user, you have
    to play some udev magic.

    HS