NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network... - Debian

This is a discussion on NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network... - Debian ; So, I recently changed from ifplugd/wpa_supplicant to using NetworkManager. I commented out everything except the "lo" interface in /etc/network/interfaces, and I disabled autoloading of ifplugd by renaming /etc/init.d/ifplugd to "ifplugd.off" and did the same for wpa_supplicant. Now, in KDE, using ...

  1. NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network...

    So, I recently changed from ifplugd/wpa_supplicant to using NetworkManager.

    I commented out everything except the "lo" interface in
    /etc/network/interfaces, and I disabled autoloading of ifplugd by
    renaming /etc/init.d/ifplugd to "ifplugd.off" and did the same for
    wpa_supplicant.

    Now, in KDE, using knetworkmanager, I can click on the icon in the
    kicker and manually connect to wireless AP's (it even remembers my WPA
    key from last time), but it doesn't just automatically connect like its
    supposed to. I always have to connect manually with mouse clicks.

    Anybody have any ideas?

    - Joe

  2. Re: NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network...

    On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:10:05 +0100, Joe Emenaker wrote:

    > Anybody have any ideas?

    Maybe it's knetworkmanager behavior, since on Gnome with nm-applet things
    work just fine.
    I assume your user is in the netdev group.

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449