Please allow console-data 1.03-1 to enter testing - Debian

This is a discussion on Please allow console-data 1.03-1 to enter testing - Debian ; Console-data provides udebs for D-I use and therefore needs manual approval to enter testing. The 1.03-1 release includes the following changes: * New upstream release. Fixed in that release: - German Dvorak keymap. Closes: #403538 - Russian Dvorak keymap. Closes: ...

  1. Please allow console-data 1.03-1 to enter testing

    Console-data provides udebs for D-I use and therefore needs manual
    approval to enter testing.

    The 1.03-1 release includes the following changes:

    * New upstream release. Fixed in that release:
    - German Dvorak keymap. Closes: #403538
    - Russian Dvorak keymap. Closes: #402153
    - Lisp machine Dvorak keymap. Closes: #426689
    - Wolof keymap corrected. Closes: #427513
    - Euro key added to many keymaps of the Euro Zone
    Closes: #347568

    The first 3 new keymaps are not use by D-I

    The 4th one is a fix that allows the Wolof keymap (use by D-I) to
    work. The current version just doesn't work. Wolof being supported in
    D-I, that fix is pretty important even if I suspect that not many
    Wolof users use the Wolof keymap (which is the French keymap plus Eng
    characters).

    The latter is a fix that should have occurred a long time ago..:-)

    --

  2. Re: Please allow console-data 1.03-1 to enter testing

    Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
    > Console-data provides udebs for D-I use and therefore needs manual
    > approval to enter testing.

    Sorry for being annoying but could this be considered?

    As partly responsible of this part in D-I, I can guarantee that the
    risk of breaking D-I is very low, if not null.

    As (of of the) console-data maintainer(s), I'd like to be able to work on a new
    release but would prefer that one to enter testing first.

  3. Re: Please allow console-data 1.03-1 to enter testing

    Christian Perrier wrote:
    > Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
    >> Console-data provides udebs for D-I use and therefore needs manual
    >> approval to enter testing.

    > Sorry for being annoying but could this be considered?
    >
    > As partly responsible of this part in D-I, I can guarantee that the
    > risk of breaking D-I is very low, if not null.
    >
    > As (of of the) console-data maintainer(s), I'd like to be able to work on a new
    > release but would prefer that one to enter testing first.

    hint added

    Cheers

    Luk