getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone? - Debian

This is a discussion on getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone? - Debian ; I'm currently using kubuntu 7.04 64-bit My question is really about a utility written for debian based systems: see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790#9 I was sent this link as a possible solution for some problems installing skype on my desktop, but I would ...

  1. getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone?

    I'm currently using kubuntu 7.04 64-bit

    My question is really about a utility written for debian based systems:
    see
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790#9

    I was sent this link as a possible solution for some problems installing
    skype on my desktop, but I would welcome second opinions and comments
    before actually using it - this is my production box and I don't want to
    screw up my system, thus if there were any caveats, I'd like to hear about
    them first.

    Thanks
    Tim

  2. Re: getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone?

    I'm guessing you already tried "sudo apt-get check" ??
    I've never heard of the getlibs-all program before now.

    -Mike

    "Tim Johnson" wrote in message
    > I'm currently using kubuntu 7.04 64-bit
    >
    > My question is really about a utility written for debian based systems:
    > see
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790#9
    >
    > I was sent this link as a possible solution for some problems installing
    > skype on my desktop, but I would welcome second opinions and comments
    > before actually using it - this is my production box and I don't want to
    > screw up my system, thus if there were any caveats, I'd like to hear about
    > them first.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tim

  3. Re: getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone?

    **__Mike__** wrote:
    Hi Mike
    > I'm guessing you already tried "sudo apt-get check" ??

    Yes. Problems persist.

    > I've never heard of the getlibs-all program before now.

    about 600 results from googling getlibs ubuntu dependencies
    including an email from the author to the ubuntu-devel mailing list
    lobbying for inclusion in the ubuntu install.
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...st/024091.html

    looks promising. I will probably go ahead and try it.
    thanks
    Tim

  4. Re: getlibs-all.deb - comments anyone?

    Turns out that it works very well. Being new to deb, it
    is probably a shortcut for what could be done with basic
    debian commands, but is nevertheless quite handy and
    helped me to get skype working.
    tim

    Tim Johnson wrote:

    > **__Mike__** wrote:
    > Hi Mike
    >> I'm guessing you already tried "sudo apt-get check" ??

    > Yes. Problems persist.
    >
    >> I've never heard of the getlibs-all program before now.

    > about 600 results from googling getlibs ubuntu dependencies
    > including an email from the author to the ubuntu-devel mailing list
    > lobbying for inclusion in the ubuntu install.
    > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...st/024091.html
    >
    > looks promising. I will probably go ahead and try it.
    > thanks
    > Tim

+ Reply to Thread