Transition to directfb 1.0.1 - Debian

This is a discussion on Transition to directfb 1.0.1 - Debian ; [ CCed maintainers for delicate rev-depends ] Hi, Some weeks ago I uploaded directfb 1.0.1-2 to experimental. I've successfully built the following packages, which are the only ones really Build-Depending on libdirectfb-dev: In unstable ----------- directvnc_0.7.5-8 freesci_0.3.5-5 gst-plugins-bad0.10_0.10.5-4 gtk+2.0_2.12.0-2 libcairo_1.4.10-1 ...

  1. Transition to directfb 1.0.1

    [ CCed maintainers for delicate rev-depends ]

    Hi,

    Some weeks ago I uploaded directfb 1.0.1-2 to experimental. I've
    successfully built the following packages, which are the only ones
    really Build-Depending on libdirectfb-dev:

    In unstable
    -----------
    directvnc_0.7.5-8
    freesci_0.3.5-5
    gst-plugins-bad0.10_0.10.5-4
    gtk+2.0_2.12.0-2
    libcairo_1.4.10-1
    libsdl1.2_1.2.12-1
    links2_2.1pre28-1
    mplayer (from svn)
    qingy_0.9.6-1
    xine-lib_1.1.8-1

    In experimental
    ---------------
    fusionsound_1.0.0-1
    dfb++_1.0.0-1

    Packages with problems:

    splashy

    I've been in contact with the developers, and they should have a fix
    ready, which they could upload (if they have not done so yet) once
    the transition starts.

    asc

    It does not Build-Depend on directfb, but yet it has a Dependency,
    this is still an incarnation of #375924. Would need a binNMU as
    well, after libsdl1.2 has been binNMUed.

    Packages Build-Depending on directfb, but not really using it:

    pigment
    gnash

    I'll be filing bug reports to these one. No action needed from d-r.

    I'd like to upload to unstable once I've been given green light. The
    transition should be able to be handled by me uploading the packages
    from experimental to unstable, and triggering binNMUs.

    thanks,
    guillem

  2. Re: Transition to directfb 1.0.1

    Guillem Jover writes:

    > I'd like to upload to unstable once I've been given green light. The
    > transition should be able to be handled by me uploading the packages
    > from experimental to unstable, and triggering binNMUs.

    >From d-i POV there's no problem in doing it. cdebconf has been tested

    against it by Jeremy.

    --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R