can not set background image - Debian

This is a discussion on can not set background image - Debian ; Hello list, I am on sid/kde3.5.7. I have installed a package which allows me to set an image as wallpaper by right-click on it and choose actions->set as background. I do not remember the name of this package... I do ...

  1. can not set background image

    Hello list,

    I am on sid/kde3.5.7. I have installed a package which allows me to set an
    image as wallpaper by right-click on it and choose actions->set as
    background. I do not remember the name of this package...

    I do not know if my problem is due to this package, but I can not set a
    wallpaper by kcontrol. I can choose a picture, and the preview (in this
    little drawn screen) ist ok, but my desktop is not showing the chosen image.

    Any hints?
    Thank you. W. Mader

  2. Re: can not set background image

    On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
    > Hello list,
    >
    > I am on sid/kde3.5.7. I have installed a package which allows me to set an
    > image as wallpaper by right-click on it and choose actions->set as
    > background. I do not remember the name of this package...
    >
    > I do not know if my problem is due to this package, but I can not set a
    > wallpaper by kcontrol. I can choose a picture, and the preview (in this
    > little drawn screen) ist ok, but my desktop is not showing the chosen
    > image.

    Can you try drag&drop of an image file from Konqueror to the desktop?

    Cheers,
    Kevin
    KDE user support, developer mentoring

  3. Re: can not set background image

    Am Mittwoch 23 Mai 2007 12:08:34 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
    > On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
    > > Hello list,
    > >
    > > I am on sid/kde3.5.7. I have installed a package which allows me to set
    > > an image as wallpaper by right-click on it and choose actions->set as
    > > background. I do not remember the name of this package...
    > >
    > > I do not know if my problem is due to this package, but I can not set a
    > > wallpaper by kcontrol. I can choose a picture, and the preview (in this
    > > little drawn screen) ist ok, but my desktop is not showing the chosen
    > > image.

    > Can you try drag&drop of an image file from Konqueror to the desktop?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Kevin

    Oh yes, that did work. But now I have the sister of my girl friend on my
    desktop...

    Whatever. The image shown in the preview in Kcontorl is not the same than the
    on shown as wallpaper. So I think there must be two different mechanisms,
    right?

    Thank you.
    W. Mader

  4. Re: can not set background image (solved)

    I have had a setup with multible physical screens and now I removed them. So
    my

    kdesktoprc

    was full with entries wich refered to desktops wich was no longer valid. The
    settings made with Kcontrol were written to a useless, because no more
    existing desktop entity.

    I removed

    kdesktoprc

    and kde created an new one for me on next start up. Now everything works.

    Cheers, Wolfgang.

+ Reply to Thread