Kwlan in Etch - Debian

  1. Kwlan in Etch

  2. Mounting USB drive != vfat not working

    Hi, everyone!

    I am having some problems mounting a USB drive with NTFS running KDE.
    The same goes for my HFS+ ipod, but none of my FAT32 formatted drives.

    When plugging in either the ipod of the ntfs drive, I get this error:

    hal-storage-removable-mount-all-options refused uid 174

    Anyone know how I can fix this?

    --
    All the best,
    Christer S.

  3. Re: Mounting USB drive != vfat not working

    On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 14:18:24 +0200, Christer Stenbrenden wrote:
    > Hi, everyone!
    >
    > I am having some problems mounting a USB drive with NTFS running KDE.
    > The same goes for my HFS+ ipod, but none of my FAT32 formatted drives.
    >
    > When plugging in either the ipod of the ntfs drive, I get this error:
    >
    > hal-storage-removable-mount-all-options refused uid 174
    >
    > Anyone know how I can fix this?

    What happens if you try to mount it as root?

    Florian |

  4. Re: Mounting USB drive != vfat not working

    On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:00:02PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

    > What happens if you try to mount it as root?

    It works perfectly if I mount it with pmount. It is kde's media manager that
    doesn't want to mount anything other than vfat devices.

    After some updates, kde now seems to be able to mount it, but the mount point,
    which is /media/usb0, is owned by root and therefore not accessible.

    --
    All the best,
    Christer S.

  5. Re: Mounting USB drive != vfat not working

    On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:43:04 +0200, Christer Stenbrenden wrote:
    > On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:00:02PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
    > >
    > > What happens if you try to mount it as root?
    > >

    > It works perfectly if I mount it with pmount. It is kde's media manager that
    > doesn't want to mount anything other than vfat devices.
    >
    > After some updates, kde now seems to be able to mount it, but the mount point,
    > which is /media/usb0, is owned by root and therefore not accessible.

    Are you on Lenny/Testing? What you see might be the symptoms of an
    incomplete transition from KDE 3.5.5 to 3.5.6.

    Florian |