KDE 3.5.6 in Sid? - Debian

This is a discussion on KDE 3.5.6 in Sid? - Debian ; Hi all, Just a curiosity: When is KDE 3.5.6 branch going to come down to Sid? pk __________________________________________________ __________________________________ Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta. http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/...ail_tools.html -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...

  1. KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    Hi all,

    Just a curiosity: When is KDE 3.5.6 branch going to
    come down to Sid?

    pk

  2. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:25:29AM -0700, kruton wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just a curiosity: When is KDE 3.5.6 branch going to
    > come down to Sid?

    About end of next week.

    Ana

  3. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    El viernes, 13 de abril de 2007, Ana Guerrero escribió:
    > On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:25:29AM -0700, kruton wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Just a curiosity: When is KDE 3.5.6 branch going to
    > > come down to Sid?

    > About end of next week.

    Oh, come on! We already had kde-l18n packages for 3.5.6 when etch was
    released, it should not be that difficult! ;-))))

    Best regards,

    Ender.
    --
    Non. Je suis la belette de personne.
    -- Amélie (Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain).

  4. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

  5. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    I've backported to etch, using pbuilder all kde 3.5.6 packages and
    libs for i386. If someone has some web space I can upload them.
    I'm using it, and it's very stable. Notice that there are no big
    changes against kde 3.5.6, only bugfixes and small improvements.

    Bye

    2007/4/13, Curt Howland :

    > --

  6. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:33:05PM +0200, emisca wrote:
    > I've backported to etch, using pbuilder all kde 3.5.6 packages and
    > libs for i386. If someone has some web space I can upload them.
    > I'm using it, and it's very stable. Notice that there are no big
    > changes against kde 3.5.6, only bugfixes and small improvements.

    Current kde 3.5.6 in experimental should work fine in Etch
    By the way, given you current knowledge of the KDE packaging maybe you
    would like to join the team The team is always welcoming new members.

    Ana

  7. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    I've recompiled all kde 3.5.6, and not installed it from binary
    packages, to be sure that all is built against etch libs.

    If there are packages that need work, I'll be happy to contribute, as
    long as I can :-D

    @ tony:
    If we would create an unofficial repository with kde 3.5.6 backports,
    your web space could be great.

    Bye!

    2007/4/13, Ana Guerrero :
    > On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:33:05PM +0200, emisca wrote:
    > > I've backported to etch, using pbuilder all kde 3.5.6 packages and
    > > libs for i386. If someone has some web space I can upload them.
    > > I'm using it, and it's very stable. Notice that there are no big
    > > changes against kde 3.5.6, only bugfixes and small improvements.
    > >

    > Current kde 3.5.6 in experimental should work fine in Etch
    > By the way, given you current knowledge of the KDE packaging maybe you
    > would like to join the team The team is always welcoming new members.
    >
    > Ana

  8. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    We have more than 60GB Webspace and all traffic is free, so feel free
    to use it .

    If we need more, we will upgrade it!

    Best regards,

    Tony

    2007/4/14, emisca :
    > I've recompiled all kde 3.5.6, and not installed it from binary
    > packages, to be sure that all is built against etch libs.
    >
    > If there are packages that need work, I'll be happy to contribute, as
    > long as I can :-D
    >
    > @ tony:
    > If we would create an unofficial repository with kde 3.5.6 backports,
    > your web space could be great.
    >
    > Bye!
    >
    > 2007/4/13, Ana Guerrero :
    > > On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:33:05PM +0200, emisca wrote:
    > > > I've backported to etch, using pbuilder all kde 3.5.6 packages and
    > > > libs for i386. If someone has some web space I can upload them.
    > > > I'm using it, and it's very stable. Notice that there are no big
    > > > changes against kde 3.5.6, only bugfixes and small improvements.
    > > >

    > > Current kde 3.5.6 in experimental should work fine in Etch
    > > By the way, given you current knowledge of the KDE packaging maybe you
    > > would like to join the team The team is always welcoming new members.
    > >
    > > Ana
    > >

    > --

    Open Source - Open Mind -Try OS-Forge
    http://os-forge.net | http://os-ms.net

  9. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    Hi,

    what do you think about optimizes KDE packeages?

    Optimizes for arch-i686...

    Today it should be usefull to share also packages optimized for i686.
    KDE is very big, so this could improve performance.

    Best regards,

    Tony

    2007/4/15, Tony Wolf :

    --
    Open Source - Open Mind -Try OS-Forge
    http://os-forge.net | http://os-ms.net

  10. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    On 2007-04-15, Tony Wolf wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > what do you think about optimizes KDE packeages?
    >
    > Optimizes for arch-i686...
    >
    > Today it should be usefull to share also packages optimized for i686.
    > KDE is very big, so this could improve performance.

    I doubt that there is anything but theoretical improvements here ..
    /Sune

  11. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 08:23:40PM +0200, emisca wrote:
    > If there are packages that need work, I'll be happy to contribute, as
    > long as I can :-D

    All the packages need work :-) Specially with KDE4.0 alphas being released
    soon.

    Ana

  12. Re: KDE 3.5.6 in Sid?

    Hi,

    first of all here is the line for your source.list:
    deb ftp://downloads.os-forge.net/debian/backports/ /

    There are the backports from emisca for etch.

    So in this case I have a question, I try to build some packages with
    arch=i686. I've searched with
    dpkg-architecture -L and there this arch wouldn't be list. So how can
    I add this?

    I tryed to set this in debian/control but it doesn't match.

    Many thanks to emisca for this great work and to all who contribut to this ML

    Tony