any plan to kde4? - Debian

This is a discussion on any plan to kde4? - Debian ; The KDE 4.0 release schedule if finalised.And what is the plan debian-kde team made when the KDE 4.0 Beta1 release on June 25? Everyone knows Kubuntu and Suse have the best support to KDE,but I really wish Debian be the ...

  1. any plan to kde4?

    The KDE 4.0 release schedule if finalised.And what is the plan
    debian-kde team made when the KDE 4.0 Beta1 release on June 25?

    Everyone knows Kubuntu and Suse have the best support to KDE,but I
    really wish Debian be the next one.

  2. Re: any plan to kde4?

    hi,

    > What is the plan debian-kde team made when the KDE 4.0 Beta1 release on June
    > 25?

    there's no plan at the moment. Some people in the team start to work on it,
    and collaborate with kubuntu team to provide a common base.

    > Everyone knows Kubuntu and Suse have the best support to KDE,but I
    > really wish Debian be the next one.

    This is a marketing issue we have a nice KDE support. At least, the same
    level kubuntu provides

    cheers,

    Fathi

  3. Re: any plan to kde4?

    On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:27 +0100, Fathi Boudra wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > > What is the plan debian-kde team made when the KDE 4.0 Beta1 release on
    > > June 25?

    > there's no plan at the moment. Some people in the team start to work on it,
    > and collaborate with kubuntu team to provide a common base.
    >
    > > Everyone knows Kubuntu and Suse have the best support to KDE,but I
    > > really wish Debian be the next one.

    > This is a marketing issue we have a nice KDE support. At least, the same
    > level kubuntu provides

    I'd say Debian's packages are better, especially if one takes quality
    considerations like distribution patches into account.

    Cheers,
    Kevin
    KDE user support, developer mentoring

  4. Re: any plan to kde4?

    On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:27:36AM +0100, Fathi Boudra wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > > What is the plan debian-kde team made when the KDE 4.0 Beta1 release on June
    > > 25?

    > there's no plan at the moment. Some people in the team start to work on it,
    > and collaborate with kubuntu team to provide a common base.

    As Fathi says, there is not plan yet. As you can read at:
    http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html

    We'll start to work in kde4 once Etch is out.

    > > Everyone knows Kubuntu and Suse have the best support to KDE,but I
    > > really wish Debian be the next one.

    > This is a marketing issue we have a nice KDE support. At least, the same
    > level kubuntu provides

    Indeed.

    Ana