No CDROM icon in system:/media - Debian

This is a discussion on No CDROM icon in system:/media - Debian ; Fresh Debian Etch install on an Asus F3F laptop. When I insert a CD I can't see the drive in system:/media. I am a member of plugdev and hal/dbus/udev is working (network manager works fine, for example). Any ideas? Anders ...

  1. No CDROM icon in system:/media

    Fresh Debian Etch install on an Asus F3F laptop.

    When I insert a CD I can't see the drive in system:/media.

    I am a member of plugdev and hal/dbus/udev is working (network manager works
    fine, for example).

    Any ideas?

    Anders

  2. Re: No CDROM icon in system:/media

    Sveiki,

    2007 m. March 16 d., Friday, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen rašė:
    > Thanks.. Ehmm.. See, I usually run sid on my own systems, and I just
    > upgraded from Etch to Sid, right after I posted. Then I rebooted.

    Probably you upgraded hal while KDE was running. And HAL restart while KDE is
    running is known to break media:/

    --
    Modestas Vainius

  3. Re: No CDROM icon in system:/media

    Torsdag 15 Marts 2007 22:48 skrev Modestas Vainius:
    > Sveiki,
    >
    > 2007 m. March 16 d., Friday, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen rašė:
    > > Any ideas?

    > Run
    >
    > $ lshal --monitor
    >
    > and insert/eject CD into/from the drive. Post output here.

    Thanks.. Ehmm.. See, I usually run sid on my own systems, and I just upgraded
    from Etch to Sid, right after I posted. Then I rebooted.

    Everything works great now.. I can even see my ntfs partition as well.

    Sorry for the inconvinience..

    Anders

+ Reply to Thread