how to get gaim-sound working within KDE? - Debian

This is a discussion on how to get gaim-sound working within KDE? - Debian ; Dear list, I would like to ask for some information on how to get gaim-sound working within KDE. ALSA ist configured correctly (alsaconf) and sound works in KDE but not for gaim. When I hit the "test sound" button in ...

  1. how to get gaim-sound working within KDE?

    Dear list,

    I would like to ask for some information on how to get gaim-sound
    working within KDE.
    ALSA ist configured correctly (alsaconf) and sound works in KDE but not
    for gaim.
    When I hit the "test sound" button in the settings sceen of gaim,
    nothinig happens. Volume is turned up.

    I guess, I am missing some packages, but I have no idea which ones and
    other threads on the web didn't provide any useful information.

    Any help on what I have to consider is appreciated!

    Thank you very much!

    Ralph

    I am running Etch
    $ uname -a
    Linux laptop-rpl 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 21 16:06:54 UTC 2007 i686
    GNU/Linux

    $ lspci
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
    Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

    $ lsmod|grep snd
    snd_hda_intel 17332 3
    snd_hda_codec 137856 1 snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm_oss 38368 0
    snd_mixer_oss 15200 1 snd_pcm_oss
    snd_pcm 68676 4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
    snd_timer 20996 2 snd_pcm
    snd 47012 10
    snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_ oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
    soundcore 9248 1 snd
    snd_page_alloc 9640 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

    Installed packages in sound-section
    alsa-base
    alsa-oss
    alsa-utils
    arts
    artsbuilder
    esound
    esound-clients
    esound-common
    jackd
    kaboodle
    kaudioceator
    kmid
    kmix
    krec
    kscd
    libmodplug0c2
    libtunepimp-bin
    linux-sound-base
    noatun
    noatun-plugins

  2. Re: how to get gaim-sound working within KDE?

    Andrei Popescu posted the solution:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg03193.html

    Ralph