Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest. - Debian

    > because I receive the digest. Nothing I have found to do has been
    > able to reply to a particular encapsulated message, thus preserving
    > the "in-reply-to" header entry.

    Probably the best method isn't internal to kmail:

    Use fetchyahoo to grab your mail from yahoo and run it through Procmail,
    using the rules in procmailex(5) for splitting digests into individual
    messages.

    In kmail:

    Click on the words "Encapsulated Message" to open the message in it's own
    window. From there, you can reply/forward/view headers/whatever as if you
    received it individually.

    PS. Sorry about being so dramatic earlier, I really need to post less after
    working all day.

  3. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

  4. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

    Curt Howland wrote:

    > On Friday 09 March 2007 19:36, Paul Johnson was heard to say:
    >> Click on the words "Encapsulated Message" to open the message in
    >> it's own window. From there, you can reply/forward/view
    >> headers/whatever as if you received it individually.

    > Ya know, I've tried that in every permutation I can think of. If I do
    > just above, I get "Open Attachment? Save As Open With Kedit Cancel"
    >
    > Still looking through the docs, too. No luck.

    It works in the current kmail in sid (Debian package 4:3.5.6.dfsg.1-1). The
    link I'm referring to appears at the very top of an encapsulated message
    above said message's headers.

    You might also try using knode to read via gmane at nntp://news.gmane.org/
    On that server, Debian's mailing lists are in the gmane.linux.debian.*
    hierarchy. And there's always the fetchyahoo/split-digest-with-procmail
    option.

    >> PS. Sorry about being so dramatic earlier, I really need to post
    >> less after working all day.

    > I wasn't very nice either. Email makes the merely curt (no pun
    > intended) come across badly, and it get worse from there.

    I know the feeling.

    > Please accept my apologies too.

    No problem.

  5. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

  6. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

    Le Sunday 11 March 2007, Paul Johnson(Paul Johnson )
    a écrit:

    Hello,

    > It works in the current kmail in sid (Debian package

    ^^^^^
    > 4:3.5.6.dfsg.1-1). The link I'm referring to appears at the very

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > top of an encapsulated message above said message's headers.

    Don't think so. It's in experimental:

    apt-cache policy kmail
    kmail:
    Installed: 4:3.5.6.dfsg.1-1
    Candidate: 4:3.5.6.dfsg.1-1
    Version table:
    *** 4:3.5.6.dfsg.1-1 0
    1 http://ftp.debian.org experimental/main Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    4:3.5.5.dfsg.1-6 0
    500 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
    990 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages

    Cheers,
    --
    Glennie Vignarajah
    http://www.nephthys.org

  7. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

    On Friday 09 March 2007 13:57:08 Curt Howland wrote:
    > I have been taken to task for "breaking threads" in a mailing list,
    > because I receive the digest. Nothing I have found to do has been
    > able to reply to a particular encapsulated message, thus preserving
    > the "in-reply-to" header entry.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I have not found any combination of selection and
    > reply-to that does anything other than give me a subject of "Re:
    > Debian user digest #whatever" and the text of the digested subject
    > lines of the contained messages.
    >
    > Any pointer would be greatfully received.

    To split up a digest email into its separate messages, pipe the message
    through the following command:

    formail +1 -ds

    Use the List-Id: header to select which emails to pipe through this filter.

    --
    David Jarvie.
    KAlarm author and maintainer.

  8. Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

    Curt Howland wrote in Article <200703111041.08018.Howland@priss.com> posted
    to gmane.linux.debian.user.kde:

    > As has been suggested, this may be a function of the change from 3.5.5
    > to 3.5.6 in experimental, in which case as soon as I see Kmail
    > updated again I'll be sure to retry and utilize this function.

    That could be the difference we're seeing right there, I'm on 3.5.6.