Alternative to the broken Panel - Debian

This is a discussion on Alternative to the broken Panel - Debian ; Hi, As diagnosed in another thread, the Panel is now broken, whereby the font colour used is the "Window Text" colour. This font colour is also used for menus. This is fine when the colour you want to use for ...

  1. Alternative to the broken Panel

    Hi,

    As diagnosed in another thread, the Panel is now broken, whereby the
    font colour used is the "Window Text" colour. This font colour is also
    used for menus. This is fine when the colour you want to use for menus
    is the same as that in the panel, but when it merges into the background
    image, then it's unusable.

    Is there an alternative to the inbuilt panel for KDE? Preferably one
    that isn't quite so bizarre in its "design" decisions!

    --
    Best,
    Marc

  2. Re: Alternative to the broken Panel

    Hi all.

    marc wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > As diagnosed in another thread, the Panel is now broken, whereby the
    > font colour used is the "Window Text" colour. This font colour is also
    > used for menus. This is fine when the colour you want to use for menus
    > is the same as that in the panel, but when it merges into the background
    > image, then it's unusable.
    >
    > Is there an alternative to the inbuilt panel for KDE? Preferably one
    > that isn't quite so bizarre in its "design" decisions!

    The only way out that i can see, is change your KDE background colour.
    In the Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Colours, then in the
    Widget Colour you can change the KDE background & other things.

    Anybody with another solution?

    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Vic.

  3. Re: Alternative to the broken Panel

    Vic Koci said...
    > Hi all.
    >
    > marc wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > As diagnosed in another thread, the Panel is now broken, whereby the
    > > font colour used is the "Window Text" colour. This font colour is also
    > > used for menus. This is fine when the colour you want to use for menus
    > > is the same as that in the panel, but when it merges into the background
    > > image, then it's unusable.
    > >
    > > Is there an alternative to the inbuilt panel for KDE? Preferably one
    > > that isn't quite so bizarre in its "design" decisions!
    > >

    > The only way out that i can see, is change your KDE background colour.
    > In the Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Colours, then in the
    > Widget Colour you can change the KDE background & other things.
    >
    > Anybody with another solution?
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    Thanks for trying :-) I'm going to stay on an earlier release and put it
    on hold. Maybe I should think about forking the code too and tidy up its
    configuration.

    --
    Best,
    Marc