how to disable the ~/.thumbnail folder? - Debian

This is a discussion on how to disable the ~/.thumbnail folder? - Debian ; Hi! I'm looking for a KDE way to disable saving of image files' thumbnails. I want the thumbnails to be generated everytime I'm using the file save dialog (and thumbnail previews), but don't want KDE to save the results in ...

  1. how to disable the ~/.thumbnail folder?

    Hi!

    I'm looking for a KDE way to disable saving of image files' thumbnails.
    I want the thumbnails to be generated everytime I'm using the file save
    dialog (and thumbnail previews), but don't want KDE to save the results
    in the ~/.thumbnails folder.
    I could delete it with cron, or on every login, but I'm looking for a
    config file in the KDE system.

    Thanks!

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA

  2. Re: how to disable the ~/.thumbnail folder?

  3. Re: how to disable the ~/.thumbnail folder?

    2006. July 29. 22:02, Curt Howland:
    > On Saturday 29 July 2006 12:58, LeVA was heard to say:
    > > I'm looking for a KDE way to disable saving of image files'
    > > thumbnails. I want the thumbnails to be generated everytime I'm
    > > using the file save dialog (and thumbnail previews), but don't want
    > > KDE to save the results in the ~/.thumbnails folder.
    > > I could delete it with cron, or on every login, but I'm looking for
    > > a config file in the KDE system.

    > Maybe make the .thumbnails folder read-only?

    I think that is not a very kdeish way
    I could do tons of things yes, including the rm -Rf ~/.thumbnails to the
    crontab, or make the folder read-only, or maybe I could just turn the
    whole thumbnail thing off...

    But, I'd rather do some "compatible" solution. The closest thing which
    I've found is checking the "Thumbnails Cache" in the Security &
    Privacy / Privacy tab in the control center. But this obligate me to do
    a manually cleaning with KControl.

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA