Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can - Debian ; Hmm.... I tried creating a fresh user account and logged in as this user. For this user there is the same effect. No problems with firefox and other programs, but konqueror cannot connect with http{s} to any local IP addres. ...

  1. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    Hmm....

    I tried creating a fresh user account and logged in as this user. For this
    user there is the same effect. No problems with firefox and other programs,
    but konqueror cannot connect with http{s} to any local IP addres.

    However when I use another protocol, such as ftp://192.168.xx.xx or
    fish://.... i CAN connect with konqueror.

    Since this is a fresh account, KDE and konqueror should have started with
    their default settings, right? Is there some global default KDE setting that
    can cause http(s) requests to local LAN addresses to fail?

    Gerrit Jan.

  2. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    A Divendres 28 Juliol 2006 23:25, Gerrit Jan Baarda va escriure:
    > Hmm....
    >
    > I tried creating a fresh user account and logged in as this user. For this
    > user there is the same effect. No problems with firefox and other programs,
    > but konqueror cannot connect with http{s} to any local IP addres.
    >
    > However when I use another protocol, such as ftp://192.168.xx.xx or
    > fish://.... i CAN connect with konqueror.
    >
    > Since this is a fresh account, KDE and konqueror should have started with
    > their default settings, right? Is there some global default KDE setting
    > that can cause http(s) requests to local LAN addresses to fail?
    >
    > Gerrit Jan.

    Have you tried to disable IPv6 for Konqueror?

    To do it you just have to export this variable:

    export KDE_NO_IPV6=true

    To make it permanent across reboots, you can insert that line
    on /etc/environment

    --
    Josep

  3. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    On Saturday 29 July 2006 11:58, Josep Febrer wrote:

    > Have you tried to disable IPv6 for Konqueror?
    >
    > To do it you just have to export this variable:
    >
    > export KDE_NO_IPV6=true
    >
    > To make it permanent across reboots, you can insert that line
    > on /etc/environment

    Thanks, unfortunateley, this also made no difference.

    Yours,
    Gerrit Jan.

  4. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    * Gerrit Jan Baarda [2006 Jul 30 07:49 -0500]:
    > On Saturday 29 July 2006 11:58, Josep Febrer wrote:
    >
    > > Have you tried to disable IPv6 for Konqueror?
    > >
    > > To do it you just have to export this variable:
    > >
    > > export KDE_NO_IPV6=true
    > >
    > > To make it permanent across reboots, you can insert that line
    > > on /etc/environment

    > Thanks, unfortunateley, this also made no difference.

    Since you're forcing HTTPS, is it possible that there is some problem
    with the SSL certificates? (I don't know and I've already offered more
    than I know.

    - Nate >>

    --
    Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB | Successfully Microsoft
    Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @ | free since January 1998.

  5. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    On Monday 31 July 2006 02:16, Nate Bargmann wrote:

    > Since you're forcing HTTPS, is it possible that there is some problem
    > with the SSL certificates? (I don't know and I've already offered more
    > than I know.

    Maybe, I *could* have somehow messed up the SSL setup on my regular account.
    Howeever on the fresh account I would the have expected something like 'big
    fat warning, this is an untrusted certificate' or similar. At least that's
    what I get on other sites with a self signed certificate and also from
    firefox.

    But then again, i may still be overlooking something.....

    Thanks anyway,

    Gerrit Jan.

  6. Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

    On Monday 31 July 2006 22:14, Gerrit Jan Baarda wrote:
    > On Monday 31 July 2006 02:16, Nate Bargmann wrote:
    > > Since you're forcing HTTPS, is it possible that there is some
    > > problem with the SSL certificates? (I don't know and I've already
    > > offered more than I know.

    > Maybe, I *could* have somehow messed up the SSL setup on my regular
    > account. Howeever on the fresh account I would the have expected
    > something like 'big fat warning, this is an untrusted certificate' or
    > similar. At least that's what I get on other sites with a self signed
    > certificate and also from firefox.
    >
    > But then again, i may still be overlooking something.....

    did you already try to enable debug output (via kdebugdialog) and then
    start konqueror from konsole?

    Cheers,
    André

+ Reply to Thread