adept - Debian

This is a discussion on adept - Debian ; Hello list, since now I am using aptitude and I am quite happy with it. But I found adept and want to give it a try. But before letting this tool do real things to my system I want to ...

  1. adept

    Hello list,

    since now I am using aptitude and I am quite happy with it. But I found adept
    and want to give it a try. But before letting this tool do real things to my
    system I want to know if it ceeps track of package which are only installed
    as dependency of another and if it removes this just-dependency-package if I
    uninstall the 'mother-package'. Does someone know?
    Thank you - W. Mader

  2. Re: adept

    Wolfgang Mader wrote:
    > since now I am using aptitude and I am quite happy with it. But I found
    > adept and want to give it a try. But before letting this tool do real
    > things to my system I want to know if it ceeps track of package which are
    > only installed as dependency of another and if it removes this
    > just-dependency-package if I uninstall the 'mother-package'. Does someone
    > know? Thank you - W. Mader

    Yes, I know, it doesn't -- the bug is #114049

    Best,

    Matěj

    http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
    23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

    The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
    thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat