kprinter using its own version of CUPS? - Debian

This is a discussion on kprinter using its own version of CUPS? - Debian ; When I print a test page via CUPS (using the web interface) I get a page that says "Printed Using CUPS v1.2.x". When I go into the KDE printer control module and print a test page I get a page ...

  1. kprinter using its own version of CUPS?

    When I print a test page via CUPS (using the web interface) I get a
    page that says "Printed Using CUPS v1.2.x".

    When I go into the KDE printer control module and print a test page I
    get a page that says "Printed Using CUPS c1.1.x".

    While this isn't causing any problem I've noticed, it seems a little
    weird. Does anybody know what's going on?

    Thanks.
    Ross

  2. Re: kprinter using its own version of CUPS?

    Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 04:26 schrieb Ross Boylan:
    > When I print a test page via CUPS (using the web interface) I get a
    > page that says "Printed Using CUPS v1.2.x".
    >
    > When I go into the KDE printer control module and print a test page I
    > get a page that says "Printed Using CUPS c1.1.x".
    >
    > While this isn't causing any problem I've noticed, it seems a little
    > weird. Does anybody know what's going on?

    kdeprint depends kdelibs4c2a which depends on libcupsys2 (>= 1.1.23-1)

    So it was built with an older cups version and the value of that string is
    probably determined at build time. Nonetheless, if cups-1.2 ist installed, it
    is used by kprinter (same library soname).

    HS