No icon for *.exe files - Debian

This is a discussion on No icon for *.exe files - Debian ; Hi All! I`ve got a strange question In my home smb-network I can see a lot of *.exe files, but konqueror doesn`t show any icon for that files only file name. Is there any solution for this problem ? My ...

  1. No icon for *.exe files

    Hi All!

    I`ve got a strange question In my home smb-network I can see a lot of *.exe
    files, but konqueror doesn`t show any icon for that files only file name. Is
    there any solution for this problem ?

    My system is Debian etch with kde-3.5.3.

    Sorry for my English.
    --
    If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
    then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...

  2. Re: No icon for *.exe files

    On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 00:46:51 +0400, Roman Makurin wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I`ve got a strange question In my home smb-network I can see a lot of *.exe
    > files, but konqueror doesn`t show any icon for that files only file name. Is
    > there any solution for this problem ?
    >
    > My system is Debian etch with kde-3.5.3.

    Which set of icons do you use?

    --
    Regards,
    Florian

  3. Re: No icon for *.exe files

    В сообщении от Суббота 15 июля 2006 17:17 Florian Kulzer написал(a):
    > On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 00:46:51 +0400, Roman Makurin wrote:
    > > Hi All!
    > >
    > > I`ve got a strange question In my home smb-network I can see a lot of
    > > *.exe files, but konqueror doesn`t show any icon for that files only file
    > > name. Is there any solution for this problem ?
    > >
    > > My system is Debian etch with kde-3.5.3.

    > Which set of icons do you use?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Florian

    Crystal SVG and Glaze

    --
    If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
    then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...

  4. Re: No icon for *.exe files

    On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 02:45:02 +0400, Roman Makurin wrote:
    > ? ????????? ?? ??????? 15 ???? 2006 17:17 Florian Kulzer ???????(a):
    > > On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 00:46:51 +0400, Roman Makurin wrote:
    > > > Hi All!
    > > >
    > > > I`ve got a strange question In my home smb-network I can see a lot of
    > > > *.exe files, but konqueror doesn`t show any icon for that files only file
    > > > name. Is there any solution for this problem ?
    > > >
    > > > My system is Debian etch with kde-3.5.3.

    > > Which set of icons do you use?

    > Crystal SVG and Glaze

    I use Crystal SVG, too. I see the blue gear icon for .exe files on my
    local windows partitions and the meta-info "Windows executable".
    However, I get only the generic icon (looks like an empty piece of paper
    with a blue line on top) for .exe files on smb shares and they are
    classified as "unknown file type". I don't know if this is a bug or a
    security feature. Meta-info and file type identification seems to be
    handled differently for remote files. I did not find any way to change
    this in the Konqueror settings.

    --
    Regards,
    Florian